Elevate K-12 Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Nov 16, 2021

Found 53 of over 294 reviews

3.7
Elevate K-12 Founder - CEO Shaily Baranwal
Shaily Baranwal
Pros
  • "Thank you for the opportunity to work from home during COVID and still do what I love(in 54 reviews)

• "Elevate K-12 genuinely encourages collaboration without ego(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nothing that I found, Elevate is awesome place to work(in 14 reviews)

• "You aren't able to see the students individually, only a camera in the classroom(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Online teaching is perfect for me

Jun 26, 2021 - Online Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

It’s been great working from home, so that I can take care of my kids and teach my students. Elevate K-12 has been very flexible with letting me pick my hours. All the content is prepared beforehand so I can jump straight into a class. Perfect setup for a stay-at-home-mom-teacher!

Cons

No cons that I see yet

1 person found this review helpful

Elevate K-12 Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We’re so happy to hear that working at Elevate K-12 has been a positive experience for you, enabling you to dedicate yourself to both your family and your career. As a woman-owned company, we strive to ensure no one ever has to choose between the two. We appreciate your work in support of our mission!

2. 5.0

Flexible hours, good management

Mar 26, 2021 - Online Teacher
      Business Outlook

Pros

My favorite aspect of working here is the ability to create your own schedule. I get to work from home, take care of my kids and teach online. The management are supportive and responsive.

Cons

I have no cons about this job

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Work from home

May 13, 2020 - Curriculum Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

We get to create lessons while working from home. I love the support and guidance we get from the advisors and the team. I can work at any hour and time I want to complete the project. Great flexibility.

Cons

Need more hours of work

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0

Collaborative team

Apr 8, 2019 - Curriculum Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like the sense of community at Elevate K-12. The team is very supportive and collaborative. Managers care about content and pedagogy. I get to work from home and have flexibility on my hours.

Cons

Can have crunched timelines some times with aggressive goals.

5. 5.0

Good remote teaching job

Aug 6, 2018 - Online Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great way to teach. This is not tutoring it is actual teaching. I feel like I am responsible for the students assigned to me. I had to stop teaching after I had my child but now I can teach and work from home. As long as you have a headset, computer and internet connection, you are good to go. There is a set schedule that is communicated in advance. Their online login is easy to use and has all my sessions. The management is responsive and communicates frequently.

Cons

I wish I could see the students.

4 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Academic Performance Manager (APM)

Jul 31, 2018 - Academic Performance Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great way for teachers to teach and students to learn - Very different from tutoring, this is real instruction, but online - Very high quality standards for instruction - Working from home - Platform is easy to use - Quick access to support team, no bureaucracy - Mission is very important to me, and everyone in the company is mission aligned and works very hard

Cons

- Getting consistent hours and allocated to programs is difficult - If you don’t reach out to the support team, you may go unnoticed

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great summer remote teaching

Jun 13, 2018 - Online Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work from home job. Love teaching the students online. Great resources and training provided by the company. I just started teaching this summer to make some extra cash during summer time apart from my full time teaching job during the school year. Also, this is teaching and not tutoring. It’s almost like I am taking a real class.

Cons

Some tech issues sometimes but nothing I can’t handle.

2 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Very satisfying online teaching job

May 23, 2018 - Online Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Before I joined Elevate K-12, I taught in a public school for 7 years. There was a lot of forced long hours and policies that were forced by the administration. At Elevate K-12, I set my own working hours, and I work from home. Also, since each session only has 3 or 4 students in my group, I can focus on each of their needs rather than running after a whole class. I can truly see a difference that Elevate K-12 makes to students in public schools who need that extra attention and care.

Cons

The cancellation and late show policy is a bit strict. But since it’s online, I don’t get late that often. Also, their hiring and training process used to be long and buggy. I hope they’ve improved that.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0

History Online Teacher

May 12, 2018 - Online Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

There were no teaching jobs in the small town that I live in. Elevate K-12 gave me an opportunity to work from home. I loved teaching here. The students were in the school in Texas when I was teaching them. The students had a desire to learn and know more and the company product and quality mechanisms are beyond what I have seen before.

Cons

Cancellation and no show policy is quite strict. Sometimes schools cancel sessions too but the company handled it quite well by keeping us informed and compensating us appropriately.

10. 5.0

Good part time job

Apr 11, 2018 - Online Tutor
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm working from home and getting paid while taking care of my child, so it's a perfect fit for me. Sessions are allotted in advance to the same group of students for few months, so it's easier to get to know the students and teach according to their needs. We also get the lessons to be taught. The lessons are very well written. They've got a tech support team if something goes wrong during the sessions. Everyone is really nice here and always ready to help and support.

Cons

I can't make this a full-time job right now but I would like to make this full time.

5 people found this review helpful