Ellucian "work life balance" Reviews | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 16 Jul 2019

Found 46 reviews

4.1
Brian Bledsoe

"Worked at Ellucian for 13 years"

Former Employee - Hybrid Data Developer/Data Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work life balance if you are a remote employee, if you can find the right department and manager it's not a bad place to work

Cons

No strategy to speak of, outdated technology, most managers are incompetent, no coherent strategy when it comes to data

Advice to Management

None: A leopard can't change their spots

Ellucian2016-09-05

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Architect in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Ellucian for more than a year

Pros

I love the folks I work with, they are passionate and truly dig what they do and it shows. I have a nice work-life balance and the overall compensation package is good with a very solid base pay. Make sure you come in where you want to be from a salary standpoint because the supporting benefits are just average. I feel challenged which is huge for me and working with such sharp folks (I can only speak for my team) is...

Cons

Despite the many pros, there are entire divisions that are bottlenecked by old-guard who have simply lost their fire, become antiquated, and only care about keeping their job because no successful company would bring them on at the level they are at now. Unfortunately this is the case nearly all of the way up to the top so I fear some are here to stay for awhile.

Advice to Management

Stay out of the weeds and have faith in your team(s). If you aren't genuinely passionate about your job, do all of us a favor and find a position either internally or elsewhere that re-kindles your fire. The landscape is far too competitive and we have way too many talented lower level folks for you to get away with being average, we need you to be rock-stars so everyone can perform at their full potential.

Ellucian2016-07-15

"Sweat shop environment in Managed Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL

I worked at Ellucian full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Co-workers are great people. Opportunity to work from home.

Cons

No investment in people. Training never happens. In-person meetings for remote staff is non-existent. Salaries don't keep pace. Work-life balance is not good. Managed Services staff average 50+ hours per week and 70 is not unheard of. Senior management is either unaware or doesn't care. Not properly staffed because of pinching pennies.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people. Get engaged.

Ellucian2016-07-18

"Worst Company to Work With"

Current Employee - Software Test Engineer in Kung-mal, Kyonggi

I have been working at Ellucian

Pros

Good Pay, good work life Balance.

Cons

Micro Managment,No Ethics,Technically Growth is zero. Employees are working from 8 years in the company and the team is lead by those members. Dull environment. You dont feel like working,No freshers at all.More like a old age Home.

Advice to Management

Worst company, try to bring in some engaging activities,make the environment more fun to work in.

Ellucian2016-03-24

"Still not stable!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Ellucian full-time

Pros

Good work life balance. Flexible work hours and reasonable benefits. Great place to grow.

Cons

Management wouldn't even care what we did and what we worked on..don't even try to find the value of your role. They simply let us go.

Advice to Management

Employees don't feel valued, especially when you let them go without a single review. Company values suffer when you cut staff and expect no change in productivity.

Ellucian2016-02-17
  6. "Supportive Management"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Smyrna, DE

I have been working at Ellucian for less than a year

Pros

Ellucian has supportive upper management that seem to genuinely care for the employees and employees' career advancement. Working at Ellucian also provides nice work/life balance- at least for me.

Cons

HR is not readily accessible. I needed to check with HR on some issues but HR was not very responsive. It took multiple emails and an email from my supervisor to get them to respond.

Advice to Management

Make HR more accessible.

Ellucian2015-12-26

"Not a good experience"

Former Employee - Consultant - Remote in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Ellucian

Pros

It was a paycheck, but in the end I found a better paying position with better work-life balance elsewhere.

Cons

So I don't really have bad things to say about any of my other past employers but my experience at Ellucian was exceptionally bad. By the end I couldn't wait to get out, and I am so glad I left. The culture at this corporation is especially poisonous and it really takes a toll over time. I worked with some good people in the past, but sadly the attrition among those folks was highest.

Advice to Management

I don't think management at this company cares what advice I would offer. It's a shame for the clients; it should be about knowing them and their needs. That's why I left.

Ellucian2015-10-13

"Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I worked at Ellucian for more than a year

Pros

Work life balance was achieved by being able to work remotely, salary was comparable to the work that was being done.

Cons

Very limited access to upper management, no formal training, restructuring within the company with a new CEO

Ellucian2015-07-24

"Financial Analyst"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Malvern, PA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work/Life Balance Culture/Co-workers Management wants you to succeed Room for growth if you are willing to stick around long enough

Cons

Compensation/Raises Raises are not assigned fairly. Bonus/increase pool allocated amongst the team, nothing more

Advice to Management

Start compensating your team better to retain quality talent and people who sincerely want to be there. Stop pricing talent out

Ellucian2015-06-11

"Improve morale"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at Ellucian full-time for more than a year

Pros

Schedule flexibility, great collaboration with coworkers, ability to telework, good camaraderie with coworkers,

Cons

No clear career development, don't promote training or certification, no clear rewards program, bad work/life balance, constant org change/realignments

Advice to Management

Disseminate and review goals to employees regularly, increase morale by saying thank you for a job well done, spread out work load among team

Ellucian2015-04-30