Cover image for Empire Asset Management

100% Recommend to a Friend
100% Approve of CEO

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

4.8
Empire Asset Management President, CEO & Co-Founder Gregg Zeoli  (no image)
Gregg Zeoli

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, more than 5 years

great place to work

9 Dec 2019 - Financial Advisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO is top notch. Keeps adding products that smaller firms never have the chance to market. Professional money managers and financial planners are available to help with client support.

Cons

as with any financial institution, regulations run the industry. This firm takes compliance very seriously.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing place to grow your career!

5 Oct 2017 - CIO in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Empire Asset Management is extremely well organized and run by CEO/Founder Gregg Zeoli. He has an attention to detail unlike anyone I have every worked for. No detail goes unnoticed, from the firms offices to their clients financial goals. I personally was setup for success, and groomed for professional growth. I started out managing the technical support desk, but went on to oversee key technical initiatives. The executive team have clear goals and business structure in place. The company processes are refined, admins & principals alike are highly qualified. This is one of the only financial firms I have worked for that has a client first attitude.

Cons

Pretty common/typical cons for a financial firm, but a better culture vs others in this space. The biggest con for the industry in general is regarding regulatory requirements and the degree at which more compliance rules are added. Empire has continued to find ways to be lean and efficient despite the difficulties and complications surrounding most financial firms.

3. Join the Empire Asset Management team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Intern

Summer Internship of a lifetime

2 Oct 2017 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

Empire is a small brokerage firm with about 30 people working in the New York office. I was fortunate enough to intern there during the summer of 2017. At the time I had just finished my sophomore year of college and was eager to dive into the business world, however, not knowing much at all about how it functioned. The first couple days of my internship I was a little nervous because I didn't know anyone and didn't really know that much about how a brokerage firm worked. However, every single member of that company welcomed me with open arms and went extremely out of their way to teach me about what they were doing and who they were. Within the first month I knew everyone personally by name and exactly what their role in the company was. Empire was the perfect place for me to get my feet wet in the business world because it was small enough where I could learn all the different parts to a successful brokerage firm and at the same time big enough in the fact that they were very busy and had numerous successful deals during my summer there. I was very fortunate to have worked with the reps who talked to their clients every day and learned how they go about keeping relationships with people, the traders and what their part in the company was and even got to learn what a portfolio manager's role in a brokerage firm was. I could go on and on about my experience at Empire, but to end this with one last closing remark, Empire is a fantastic company with amazing people and I consider myself extremely lucky to have interned there and if you ever get the opportunity to work/intern there you'd be a fool not to accept it!

Cons

Honestly the only downside was that it took me an hour and a half commute to get to Empire, granted I live with my parents still in Westchester county. Other than that I have nothing bad to say about this company.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Top Notch Botique

29 Sep 2017 - Advisor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a Very well run firm with access to excellent product. The firm has established direct relationships with issuers that you can usually only expect at a wirehouse. Management is careful on the team they they hire (maybe too careful), a good group of professionals certainly not the typical environment you would expect in a small firm. The firm has a great in house portfolio manager and planner, anyone could make a great career here.

Cons

Firm may be too selective on the team they hire would be nice to see more new faces to develop.

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Friendly and fun environment, but management doesn't know how to positively manage.

6 Jul 2011 -  in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Low key, laid back environment. Easy to work with a majority of the employees, can sometimes interact with some of management on friendly level depending on mood.

Cons

Management quick to knock you down, not much praise or positive encouragement. Management is biased and plays favorites to some advisors and villifies others for no reason. Management has a habit of changing their minds based on the situation, and answers can change on a dime depending on the mood of the management.

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 English Reviews