Advance Financial - Branch Manager | Glassdoor.co.in
Pros
  • "Great Pay, great health benefits; paid vacations" (in 41 reviews)

• "Fun culture,open to feedback,great benefits and good pay" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "The store is open 24/7 therefore some of the hours may be undesirable" (in 17 reviews)

• "I feel so much a part of the energy that at times I find work/life balance a challenge" (in 11 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Branch Manager"

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company, they care about the employees, company paid health care, great pay.

Cons

I don't have any issues so far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Night Auditor"

Former Employee - Night Auditor in Minneapolis, MN (US)
    Former Employee - Night Auditor in Minneapolis, MN (US)

I worked at Advance Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay exceeds any competitor in the industry. I liked the consistency of the overnight schedule. Unlimited overtime is great for holidays and vacations. Benefits were great, healthcare and the 401k matching is excellent.

Cons

Working on a day shift there is no set schedule. Scheduling is left to the manager's preferences and has no form of seniority when it comes to vacation and holidays. The culture portrayed at corporate doesn't trickle down to the branch locations.

"Customer Service Representative shows good values in an industry where values are at best in a grey area."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chattanooga, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good immediate coworkers. Clear metrics for the most part.

Cons

Do not offer consistent overtime. Also, Yes-men are highly favored in management. If you like to voice your opinion and it differs from the ‘hire ups’, you might not stay long. Many hire up managers are puppets unfortunately. Merit is not the metric used to move up. Must make friends with the right people. Although, this is the case in many jobs now days, it is unfortunate that this employer goes by that.

Also, it is very difficult to sell a product that you know can negatively affect customers financially in the long run due to high interest rates. I realize that if used correctly the loan that this company offers can be beneficial to some. Unfortunately, most customers do not repay the loan within a short period of time and so eventually file for bankruptcy as a result.

Advice to Management

View this as a stepping stone to get to a good company that values intelligence/drive rather than whoever is willing to be a yes-man. Your empathy well for humanity is likely to run dry if you stay long.

Discover more reviews about Advance Financial.