Advance Financial - It's good pay but hard hours | Glassdoor.co.in
Pros
  • "Great Pay, great health benefits; paid vacations" (in 41 reviews)

• "Fun culture,open to feedback,great benefits and good pay" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "The store is open 24/7 therefore some of the hours may be undesirable" (in 17 reviews)

• "I feel so much a part of the energy that at times I find work/life balance a challenge" (in 11 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"It's good pay but hard hours"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay good benefits staff is nice at some stores.

Cons

You will not get a bounce even if you are the top store in company. Corporate does not care about stores outside of Nashville. Also the hours are 7-4, 3:30 -12, or 9:30 to 8 unless you get lucky and get a mid shift for 10-7. No real way to move up in the company at all only seen a handful of people move up in to a manager position in years.

Advice to Management

Upper management listen to the CSRs that actually do the work and stop focusing on things that don't matter like if we highlighted something or if we got a customer to verify the email.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Great pay and benefits but you will feel terrible for what you do."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The money, “only reason why I tried it out” if you have time to spend it that is. Good healthcare and benefits as well.

Cons

This is not helping people. It is honestly incredibly immoral to me and I’m looking elsewhere for employment. The customer base will have you ready to leave a few weeks in. Not trying to be mean but it’s just the way it is. Advance financial is not just profiting off of the poor they are destroying their lives one customary fee/day at a time plain and simple. Huge mistake trying it out. They act as if they are helping people but jeez come on. You really think you are helping people with your interest rate? It’s sad and shouldn’t be allowed. So called “Christians” acting like they are doing a selfless deed to the community. I even worked on Christmas for these fools. Staying open on Christmas profiting off of the poor now that’s just the most Christian thing I’ve ever heard. They offer volunteer time paid but make you wear a shirt that says “do you get paid to volunteer?” It’s an oxymoron and incredibly embarrassing for whoever thought of it. I feel bad for these people I truly do.

Advice to Management

How do you sleep at night?

"Pretty Good place to work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Nashville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative/Teller in Nashville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedules, fantastic benefits, company cares for you!

Cons

Not always staffed. Not always recognized for the hard work you do. Somewhat unrealistic expectations.

Advice to Management

Make our goals more realistic. Make the raises more feasible.

Discover more reviews about Advance Financial.