Advance Financial - Great for advancement, not much work/life balance | Glassdoor.co.in
Pros
  • "Great Pay, great health benefits; paid vacations" (in 41 reviews)

• "Fun culture,open to feedback,great benefits and good pay" (in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "The store is open 24/7 therefore some of the hours may be undesirable" (in 17 reviews)

• "I feel so much a part of the energy that at times I find work/life balance a challenge" (in 11 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great for advancement, not much work/life balance"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN (US)

I worked at Advance Financial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. If you work hard and are a valuable employee, there are so many ways to move up either into management or into the corporate office. Just know this can take years, but definitely is possible!
2. I liked my manager and upper management.
3. The company pays you to volunteer for 40 hours in the year. They do care about charity work.
4. The starting pay is great. Ask for the maximum.

Cons

1. The insurance is free, but it isn't that great. Very high deductible.
2. 24/7 means, 24/7. You will have to work some holidays, and even as a daytime teller will have to work til 11pm or midnight. Depending on your manager, all your shifts may be like that.
3. I found that the company was nit-picky over being a couple minutes late sometimes, but employees who called out continuously were not punished or held accountable.
4. Some days you work at 7 am to 4 pm, sometimes you work 3:30 pm to midnight. Hard to have a work/life balance.
5. This kind of establishment attracts a rough crowd regardless of location. Yes, you are safe behind the safety glass - doesn't mean creeps do not constantly come in or act weird.
6. Not a bad job if you don't mind working all the time and don't have much happening outside of work. Also worth it if you plan to move up in the company.

Advice to Management

Close on holidays. Hard to promote yourselves for instilling a work/life balance when you are open every holiday and make employees work.

Offer more vacation days.

This is not a traditional retail job. Stores should be able to give employees set schedules, and let employees trade shifts.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "24/7"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

company starts off with great pay and offers great benefits. No college degree required

Cons

does not have set schedule. will be expected to work any and all shifts

Advice to Management

Communicate better

2. "It's good pay but hard hours"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN (US)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Knoxville, TN (US)

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay good benefits staff is nice at some stores.

Cons

You will not get a bounce even if you are the top store in company. Corporate does not care about stores outside of Nashville. Also the hours are 7-4, 3:30 -12, or 9:30 to 8 unless you get lucky and get a mid shift for 10-7. No real way to move up in the company at all only seen a handful of people move up in to a manager position in years.

Advice to Management

Upper management listen to the CSRs that actually do the work and stop focusing on things that don't matter like if we highlighted something or if we got a customer to verify the email.

Discover more reviews about Advance Financial.