Advance Financial - Easy job, but with no work-life balance. | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Easy job, but with no work-life balance."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Smithville, TN

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job with good pay and benefits.

Cons

Poor upper management with no work-life balance.

Advance Financial2019-10-02

October 3, 2019Recruiter

Hey there! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your time with us. We would love to have you share more feedback with us on how we can do better (email hr@af24).

1. "Not a career. I would highly not recommend."

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Morristown, TN

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Pay if you are just starting out of high school. Other than that the pay is really not that good.

Cons

Management, Work Life Balance, Culture, Schedules. You will constantly deal with people leaving because the job to be honest is horrible. You are stuck behind bullet proof glass staring outside all day maybe seeing 1-10 customers a day by yourself. You will be bored out of your mind. This job is perfect for a retired person looking for employment who just wants to read. If you want anything out of life this place... isn’t for you. Huge mistake trying it out. They will lie to get you into the door but I promise you will see the truth in no time. They don’t care about you or if you have an actual college degree. This place is not helping the community.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

Advance Financial2019-09-25

September 26, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We love the fast-paced nature of the work we do, but there can be some downtime. That is the nature of the work we do - being available to customers 24/7. In and out of the community, we strive to serve everyone where they are, when they need it. We care deeply for all customers and employees and are disappointed you felt that way. We would love to have you share ways we can improve by emailing hr@af247.com. Best of luck in your new endeavors and thank you again for your feedback!

2. "Great company, could be better though"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company pays for health insurance, which is a great benefit. It's a pretty high deductible but you can't complain about free. There are buy up options for those who chose to. The company offers a good bonus structure. Id does require your store to be profitable to bonus though, so if you've got a new store it may take some time.

Cons

The company 401K match could be better.. it's currently at 5%, but given the revenue of this company I believe 8-10% would be more appropiate. This is the lowest 401K match I've ever received. Also, the ability to move from store manager to ops seems to have stopped now that the company is not growing their number of stores so rapidly anymore.

Advice to Management

Please increase the 401K match. It wouldn't do a huge number to the companies bottom line, but an 8-10% match would put this benefit in line with the rest of the benefits. If you want to encourage seniority, maybe have the match increase to 10% after say a year or two years. It would be greatly appreciated and really help us save for our families future.

Advance Financial2019-09-08

September 13, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We are proud of all of our benefits and are always looking to provide the best package possible. We have made note of your suggestion and will pass it along! Thank you for all that you do and for helping to make Advance Financial the best place it can be.

Discover more reviews about Advance Financial.