"Great environment for hungry individuals"

5.0
    Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer

I have been working at Alpha FX full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently joined Alpha as a CS grad and my experience has been great so far. - The interview process felt incredibly personable, and even during the tech assessment, I felt like I was being encouraged to find correct solutions rather than being judged for not jumping to a perfect answer. - The onboarding process was very smooth - lots of meetings with different members of the company, learning about Alpha as a business, their history and long-term goals, etc. - I can't speak on all the tech teams, but the team I have joined have been amazing in incorporating the new graduates into the team, and I feel comfortable approaching any colleague if I need assistance with a ticket. - The culture is great for people who are hungry to learn and want to push themselves. - Again, for my team specifically, they are using an incredibly modern and interesting tech stack, which just fuels the desire to learn and progress as an engineer. - Communication channels seem quite open, with members of all levels of seniority able to have fair and honest conversations with each other.

Cons

The only con would be the work hours - if you were looking for a standard 9-5 then this may not be the place for you.

Other Employee Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Great opportunity"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Settlements in Paddington, England

I have been working at Alpha FX full-time for more than a year

Pros

Having worked at Alpha a little over 2 years, I can truly say I have loved every second of it. The culture is fantastic. Not only does it focus on the team as a whole, but each individual as well. Everyone works together towards a common goal, celebrate each other’s achievements and give honest and helpful feedback to help you improve. The leadership team is inspiring yet very approachable. Expectations are very high, but also fair. Going the extra mile is always recognised and rewarded. You can expect progression if you are willing to put the work in. You are encouraged not only to work hard but also to maintain a healthy work-life balance. We have a gym which you are able to use at any point during the day, and a fully stocked bar to help unwind on a Friday (before COVID!).

Cons

As a fast growth company, some areas have been stretched at times but this has already been sorted and your work is always recognised and appreciated.

"Learned A Lot"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Operations in London, England

I worked at Alpha FX full-time

Pros

- Hands on approach to learning - thrown in straight away. A lot is expected from you day 1 but learned so much and so quickly that way. - Really social and energetic culture - No real hierarchy. Felt I could speak my mind!

Cons

- Found early starts hard at first but got used to it.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about Alpha FX.