"Good place to work, but has its issues"

4.0

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

1. Great atmosphere to work in in most locations 2. Awesome benefits 3. Strong safety culture 4. Management is credible and trustworthy

Cons

1. Being a relatively small subsidiary of a global German company, you often feel left on the fringes 2. Moving between functional groups can be difficult due to the entrenchment that has occurred over the years (this is also true for moving between business units) 3. Changes take a long time to get done due to the internal bureaucracy, which can severely limit innovation 4. On the developmental side, it all depends on who you know and work for. 5. The previous overly lax reimbursement program led to a glut of MBA's in the company. This has led to frustration and loss of talent due to the limited availability of MBA level jobs in the US.

Continue reading
  1. "great"

5.0
    Former Intern - Process Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I worked at BASF for less than a year

Pros

lovely, friendly, and supportive community

Cons

nothing to complain about. learned heaps

2. "Fair Compensation, can be stifling"

4.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Research Triangle Park, NC

I worked at BASF full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fair compensation in the industry, engaged leadership, innovative projects

Cons

Bureaucracy can stifle creativity, company does not encourage decision-making at all levels of work

BASF Response

August 11, 2020Talent Attraction

We agree, sometimes it is rather difficult to move things along, thanks to feedback like yours we are able to identify areas of improvement to enhance our employee experience. We are happy to say there is an internal project that is addressing this topic, by developing new processes we hope to empower our teams to be more entrepreneurial as a whole. Thank you for taking the time to drop a quick note to us!

Discover more reviews about BASF.