BASF - Overall Good Company | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Overall Good Company"

Former Employee - Supply Chain Professional in Mumbai

I worked at BASF full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Company provides good compensation and working environment for employees 2. Trainings by HR on Soft Skills Development 3. Matrix Organization and regionally controlled helps manage the important KPI's well. 4. Current Country Leadership better than previous one.

Cons

1. Bias and Groupism in the Supply Chain Function 2. Need influence to climb the ladder and get promoted. 3. Need to have transparency in internal openings. \ Talent should be only criteria for selection 4. Technology and Process are too slow and obsolete.

BASF2018-10-21
  1. "Happy So Far!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in New York, NY

I have been working at BASF full-time for less than a year

Pros

BASF seems pretty organized when it comes to new hire onboarding and training. They also have one of the best attitudes about safety I've seen anywhere. Employees look out for one another and the teamwork tends to carry over to other areas. Benefits are great; they offer flex time, reimbursals for gym memberships and the like , telecommuting, and there are a ton of other benefits.

Cons

None noted. I am hoping the honeymoon period doesn't end after two years!

Advice to Management

None!

BASF2019-06-24

"Used to be a good company"

Former Employee - Learning and Development Coordinator in Pasadena, TX

I worked at BASF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are competitive, pay is somewhat competitive, the people make it tolerable

Cons

As is the case with many companies, you are a statistic, although they want you to think otherwise. They cut and cut personnel until you can no longer keep up. Then they ask you for more, often without providing the support needed for success. That is what I saw, and what I heard from others.

Advice to Management

Don’t lay off long term employees people just to replace them with a lower paid employee. It is bad for the employee, for business, and it gives you a bad name.

BASF2019-06-19

Discover more reviews about BASF.