BASF - Good overall | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people. Bosses really care about employees. Nothing like your typical large corporation.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement

BASF2019-04-24

BASF Response

May 2, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at BASF! #belongatBASF

1. "Used to be a good company"

Former Employee - Learning and Development Coordinator in Pasadena, TX

I worked at BASF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Benefits are competitive, pay is somewhat competitive, the people make it tolerable

Cons

As is the case with many companies, you are a statistic, although they want you to think otherwise. They cut and cut personnel until you can no longer keep up. Then they ask you for more, often without providing the support needed for success. That is what I saw, and what I heard from others.

Advice to Management

Don’t lay off long term employees people just to replace them with a lower paid employee. It is bad for the employee, for business, and it gives you a bad name.

BASF2019-06-19

"A good place to be"

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at BASF full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, insurance, and many smaller benefits like health club reimbursement, fitness trackers that reward you($), etc. Good work live balance, but that may be up to each department head. Everything is safety first.

Cons

Like many large companies, there is much bureaucracy and paperwork. They seem to buy and sell divisions a lot. I've heard a joke that BASF stands for Buys And Sells Factories. If you don't set a new $$record this year it's "OMG the sky is falling, we've got to tighten our belts"

BASF2019-05-22

Discover more reviews about BASF.