BASF - Manager | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at BASF full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people. Bosses really care about employees. Nothing like your typical large corporation.

Cons

Limited opportunities for advancement

BASF2019-04-24

BASF Response

May 2, 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience at BASF! #belongatBASF

1. "Easy Job Low Pay"

Former Employee - Chemist in Detroit, MI

I worked at BASF full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company is very nice. They focus heavily on keeping employees safe. There was room to grow and advance my career. The jobs are mostly pretty relaxed. In the office areas they had flexible hours where you could basically choose your schedule. Management was mostly very nice and personable. Most everyone was very nice.

Cons

The benefits are terrible. It was 350$ for insurance for me and my family, and even then the co-pays and deductibles made the insurance basically unusable. The tuition reimbursement is kind of a joke, although, it's similar to what most companies offer. The pay was abysmal. They pay as little as they can get away with, and raises were only 2.5% a year--never more. They're extremely anti-union and they rely heavily on...

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more and offer better benefits.

BASF2019-06-05
  2. "A good place to be"

Former Employee - Staff Scientist in Rochester Hills, MI

I worked at BASF full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good pay, insurance, and many smaller benefits like health club reimbursement, fitness trackers that reward you($), etc. Good work live balance, but that may be up to each department head. Everything is safety first.

Cons

Like many large companies, there is much bureaucracy and paperwork. They seem to buy and sell divisions a lot. I've heard a joke that BASF stands for Buys And Sells Factories. If you don't set a new $$record this year it's "OMG the sky is falling, we've got to tighten our belts"

BASF2019-05-22

Discover more reviews about BASF.