"Excellent corporate culture and team environment"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruiting Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

BMC has a culture of solid teamwork and caring for employees, in addition to the intellectual challenge offered by the start up atmosphere. The company is well established, but offers employees an opportunity to dig deeply into their roles and learn as much as possible by doing more than just what is in the job description. In the corporate groups, everyone has an opportunity to make an impact and feel appreciated for their work. Additional project work is always available for people who volunteer to learn new skills. The result is a group of employees with much longer than average tenure in their jobs.

Cons

The positive enviornment means that there is not much turnover in some areas of the business, so advancement opportunities can require creativity or moving to a new team.

BMC Software Response

September 2, 2019Company Representative

Thank you for your 8+ years with the organization. We value the feedback you have shared and appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. We echo your positive comments about the people at BMC. At BMC, we do recognize our teams for their dedication and hard work and that is why we feel we are very lucky to have such amazing employees. We want to see our employees grow professionally and personally at BMC, and we encourage and empower them to find a career path within the organization that is best suited for them.

"Respect, Fun, and Excellence"

5.0
    Current Employee - Sales in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at BMC Software full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

BMC is like my second family. Hard work and dedication are rewarded. When personal crises arise (and they do), BMC colleagues will circle the wagons to ensure that you can take care of what's going on at home, while they take care of what's going on at work. The recent innovations on the product side are incredible. The types of things that we're doing will change the game in the industry. And, most importantly, BMC is an ethical company, grounded in its Texas roots. We treat our customers, employees, and partners with the utmost respect. You don't find that in a lot of software companies these days.

Cons

I don't have anything to put here. It's a great company.

Continue reading

BMC Software Response

April 29, 2020Company Representative

WOW! Thank you for the great review. We also want to say thank you for 10+ years with BMC! We are very proud to have some of the most dedicated and caring individuals at BMC, so we share your sentiments about their hard work and compassion. We will be sure to share your review with the team!

2. "Great people to work with"

4.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at BMC Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smart people that want the company to win

Cons

Lack of sufficient investment for transformation to compete and win

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about BMC Software.