1. "Best Top Tier Consulting Company to work for"

Former Employee - Case Team Leader in Zürich

I worked at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing culture, very smart, friendly and interesting colleagues and great learning and development opportunities. Would join Bain again for sure. Just make sure to leave Strategy Consulting at some point, once you've learned enough to take on responsibility in a real business environment.

Cons

Strategy Consulting comes with a lot of hours and you might end up 4 days per week away from home. Also, case staffing might not always be to your liking, so you need to stay flexible. That's what you sign up for, no matter which of the MBB companies you are going to work for. Other than that, it's a fantastic job to grow and learn. Pick the company that fits you best and you'll have a great time. But only stay as long as you really like it. Plenty of great opportunities afterwards.

1. "Great place to work!"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Bain & Company for less than a year

Pros

High degree of autonomy; exceptional work environment; great emphasis on work-life balance

Cons

Limited involvement of interns on actual client work

"Welcome to Bain"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Bain & Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Welcome to Bain. I'm going to give you a problem that neither the CEO nor his entire management team could solve. And I'm probably going to give you lots of different opinions and imperfect data sources. And then I'll ask you to focus in on where the most value is and convince all those people with different opinions that you're right. But don't worry, I'm also going to give you a Bain team. Those associates and consultants are going to be tenacious in coming up with creative approaches. Those managers and partners are going to knock down barriers for you, connect you where you need to be connected, guide, support, direct and re-direct you. The office support staff is going to fix your computer after you spilled coffee on it for the third time, find you the unfindable data source, and smile and hand you a baked good after you ask for help re-doing dozens of slides. You are empowered and accountable but you are not alone. And the best part is you can't fail. Because after all, what all those people are reinforcing is that a Bainie never lets another Bainie fail.

Cons

Here's how you know you've made it at Bain. The reward for doing a good job is getting a bigger, tougher problem next time. Meaning, you are always solving the easiest problem you will ever solve again. This takes a lot of resilience and active managing of self-expectations to remember that you are not actually getting worse, the problems are just getting harder. So my advice is to remember that. And then take a second to realize that it would be a lot less fun if the reverse were true. And isn't that precisely why you wanted this job in the first place anyway? It sure was for me.

Continue reading

Bain & Company Response

September 27, 2016Director, Global Consultant Talent Management

You have captured the essence of what it means to work here! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Discover more reviews about Bain & Company.