- 5.017 Nov 2022
Great place to work withConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
• Onboarding process is well defined and clear, communication channels are open • Great people to work with. People in different departments are welcoming • They are concerned about your career and what you pursue, if you are interested in a certain field/technology, they encourage you to pursue it • Paid training for certifications • Employees are informed and involved on how the company is doing. You are not left behind • Open PTO and work from home. They do not micromanage. I have met some of the most awesome people. Hearing from their stories, some were from big fortune 500 companies. If you are in a different department and are interested and open to switching to a different role/department, they are supportive and encourage you to do so.
• Once you get work, you’ll have to manage time properly to meet deadlines • Be a self-learner. If you are new to tech and making a career change, don’t expect handholding to do your role1Burwood Group Response10mo
Happiness of our employees and providing opportunities of growth is important to us as an organization. Thank you so much for your feedback.
- 5.031 Jan 2023Associate ConsultantCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearChicago, IL
Burwood is awesome. I love the culture and flexibility to work from home or come in to the office if I want. Every one of my superiors has been patient and encouraging as I learn the ropes.
Some money to help pay for a WFH setup would have been nice. That’s my only con.2
- 2.028 Jun 2023ConsultantFormer Employee, more than 3 years
- Super flexible - Remote - Good place for entry level
- No room for advancement - Only cares for money - Management is essentially bullies - Will not invest in employee growth - No one cares at this company - People frequently leave this company, really high turn over rate.3Burwood Group Response3mo
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We value the perspectives of our employees and are committed to continuously improving our work environment. We are sorry to hear that your experience at our company did not meet your expectations, and we appreciate you highlighting areas for improvement. We want our employees to feel supported and empowered to develop their skills and achieve their professional goals and are always reviewing our development programs to ensure they align with the aspirations of our team members and provide meaningful opportunities for growth. We believe in fostering a collaborative and respectful work environment, and any behavior that contradicts these values is not tolerated. We encourage open communication between employees and their management to address any issues. Retaining talented individuals is priority, and we are taking steps to create a more supportive and engaging environment that encourages long-term commitment and career progression. Your advice regarding adopting a more collaborative approach is duly noted, and we will explore ways to foster greater collaboration across all levels of the organization. Thank you again for your feedback. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.