CGI Communications - Great place to work with people who care! | Glassdoor.co.in
Pros
  • "If you fit the mold of hard-work this could be home to you too" (in 19 reviews)

• "I moved up from a Sales Associate in my first year at CGI to a Sales Executive" (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "Base pay is low and benefits are average" (in 9 reviews)

• "At times, hard work can be overlooked because everyone in the company is so hard working (barely a con)" (in 12 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great place to work with people who care!"

Current Employee - Lead Website Coordinator
Current Employee - Lead Website Coordinator

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working for cgi for 4 years, starting in an entry level position and working my way up to a team lead. I have never worked for a company who spends so much time caring about their employees and consistently working on making their employees lives better.

-employee appreciation lunches
-summer and Christmas parties
-bonuses and incentives
-surprise bagels, candy apples, donuts and even pies on thanksgiving!
-consistently being let out early by our generous ceo!
-production dept. got an entire week of last Christmas as a huge thank you from the ceo, which was amazing!!!
-recognition from the president when you do a great job
-our ceo pays for our parking!!!
-employee lunches and team bonding activities
-they will send you to training classes to better yourself and cover the cost!

If you show up, are ready to work hard and show the initiative to grow, this company will take care of you!

Cons

I have truly loved every moment.

Advice to Management

The digital team has two leaders that honestly care about their employees, I have always felt that they have had my back and that they have always fought for me. They both deserve recognition for how much the have improved the dept.

The presidents and Vice Presidents are very approachable and ask you to come talk to them if you have doubts or concerns, they want to hear you out and guide you in the right direction. I have never been afraid to go and chat with them to better myself and the company.

Thank you Barto for all the generosity you have shown to your employees, it has truly made my 4 years amazing.

10 Jul 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences and thoughts! It never gets old reading reviews from employees that see the opportunity that CGI provides, and seize that opportunity... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Don't Believe the Hype"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Rochester, NY (US)

I worked at CGI Communications full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Making friends with the other inmates

Cons

If CGI cared about their employees half as much as they cared about their reviews it would be a great company. However that is not the case.
    I worked at CGI for 7 years and over that time I was yelled at on consistent basis, had my job threatened multiple times, ridiculed and even harassed.
    A normal day would consist of daily 7:30am or 8am meetings where you would pray you didnt get called on to give your "presentation" in front of all of your peers. After the group shaming was over you would be sent to your cube to "smile and dial" .
    If you left a 5pm you would be looked at funny because management would say you're not committed.
    When you traveled for CGI, you had to stay in the worst hotels rooms that cost under $80/ night. Worst part was you were allowed to expense a whole $20 on food for the ENTIRE day!!
    They structure your pay so that you have a "higher salary" of 50k and then they put you on a draw so it impossible to make commission. But then they tell you that "no other companies in Rochester pay that"
    There is so much more I could say but I want this review to get posted so I will leave it at that.

Advice to Management

Stop being lap dogs and find a voice. You know what goes on there is not right. SAY SOMETHING ABOUT IT AND STOP BEING YES MEN!!

5 Sep 2018 – Director of Personnel

Wow, we are sincerely disappointed to read that you had such a negative experience, and that you endured that negative experience for 7 years straight. We truly would have hoped that during those... More

2. "Fantastic Rochester Company"

I have been working at CGI Communications full-time

Pros

Amazing work environment with driven employees

Cons

Not many cons to be stated

Advice to Management

Continue to expand on opportunities for workers to learn new applicable skills

10 Jul 2018 – Recruiter

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and will be sure to pass your advice along to management! Please feel free to bring any thoughts or ideas you might have up to your direct... More

Discover more reviews about CGI Communications.