Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Feedback

Sep 14, 2021 - Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible work environment; Get the job done attitude; Great Management Team;

Cons

Lack of communication of the companies direction.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Cartesian Cares About Its Employees

Mar 24, 2021 - Administration
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cartesian keeps adding new initiatives/benefits to help encourage employee well being, especially during the COVID pandemic. Management cares about its employees. Cartesian has a very strong benefits package.

Cons

There have been a number of changes to executive leadership over the years, but the current team is the strongest team we've had so far.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Awful experience for a young analyst

Sep 20, 2021 - Analyst in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A job out of college. Some kind people in management.

Cons

Cartesian, in my humble opinion, takes advantage of naïve young professionals who don’t realize that their treatment is unacceptable. That was me. I felt so lucky to make $80k out of college. I came to accept 80 hour work weeks were to be expected making that kind of money. I came to accept that being asked to do work you didn’t have the experience and training to do was just normal. I came to think my challenges with the job were a reflection of my work ethic—instead of representing a company culture that was the problem. And it hurt me so bad—if I’m being honest. I was too young to know how bad it was. Now I’m at a firm paying me 2x to work 25% of what was unfairly demanded of me, I recognize the truth… Reader, don’t get me wrong: perhaps this work fits your identify. But if you accept this job—and if you have little frame of reference in terms of determining what’s acceptable treatment of employees and what isn’t—and if you’re hurting and saying “why are they working me this hard with this little training on jobs that should be being done by folks twice my age”—just remember, it ain’t you.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Cartesian Response

Director, Recruiting

We are very sorry to hear about this experience. We prioritize teamwork, training, and work-life balance when delivering our work, and this experience does not sound consistent with our values and culture. Cartesian maintains an “Open Door” work environment and strives to provide a healthy and balanced work situation for every member of our team.

Discover more reviews about Cartesian.