"Incredible mission and opportunities abound"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's plenty of work to do in a company this size. If you like to build and develop people and systems, this is a great opportunity. If you like to support customers directly and make a huge difference for them, this is a great opportunity.

Cons

If you're looking for a typical job where you can do average work and get by, this isn't the place.

1. "good"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Centene part-time for less than a year

Pros

amazing people and great work place

Cons

low pay for entry level role

"It was great! And then HealthNet came along."

Former Employee - Manager in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I loved the work and for 6 years was happy with what I did. I knew I made a difference and did my job well. Not many has the same skill set I did and there was always work to do.

Cons

1. It's an old white boys club. I say that as a white individual. It sucks that's how MFN rolls. They say they value diversity but they don't. They will have a token diverse person in an exec role but they're there to be a face, not make any changes or impact. 2. They pay really well but that hurts when you leave. 3. They layoff the good people and keep the undereducated white males. Why? See #1 above. 4. They don't want you if you are female and over 40. Think I'm lying? See the number of females 40+ who got hit in the January "reorganization." 5. HR is a joke. Talent acquisition couldn't find their rear ends with both hands and a map. So many excuses on why they didn't do their jobs. 6. MFN said the HealthNet employees needed to learn the Centene way and the Centene way would prevail. He lied. 7. They never entertained the idea of working from home. At all. Even a 25% WFH option would cut costs and improve morale.

Continue reading

Centene Response

September 21, 2018Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking time to leave a detailed review. Your commentary is already helping to make us better. We strive to prioritize the success of our employees and want them to feel supported. Centene Corporation is fully committed to an inclusive work space where all feel welcome and valued. Again, thank you for your comments.

Discover more reviews about Centene.