Circus World Displays - Toxic Work Environment | Glassdoor.co.in

"Toxic Work Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, ON

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Leaving this place was the biggest pro.

Cons

The work environment of this company can be described in one word, TOXIC. The pressure, stress and micromanaging of the day to day tasks, along with the ridiculous processes and reports to complete the simplest of jobs becomes old real quick. Do not work for this company.

Circus World Displays2019-04-25

Other Employee Reviews

"Fast paced - never a dull moment"

I have been working at Circus World Displays full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great opportunity for recent graduates to gain real experience in a fast paced environment. 815 to 5 with weekends off and a good benefits package. Lots of opportunity to grow within the company. If looking for a job in Niagara this is your bet. Annual performance reviews give you an idea of where you stand in the company as well as a pay increase. Often completed late, but back pay is given for every day missed. 2 monitors at workstation. May not seem like a big deal, but makes things so much easier

Cons

Very fast paced. Not everyone can handle it. Those who can't are let go (or quit shortly after being brought on) Productivity is taken very seriously. If you need time for facebook and personal email while you are supposed to be working this job is not for you. Pay is competitive, but sometimes managements expectations seem higher than your salary. Constant change and high turnover can make things difficult at times.

Advice to Management

Cooontinue working towards keeping happy employees.

Circus World Displays2014-10-21

"A Disgusting Company To Work For"

I worked at Circus World Displays full-time

Pros

So many job responsibilities (including those outside your job description) provides an excellent foundation for that resume you will build when you have had enough of working here.

Cons

I am embarassed to say that at one point in time, I was excited to work for this company. The company was hiring for so many positions, that I mistook turnover for growth. During my time working for this company, I watched at least 75 people quit. For a company that averages at about 100 employees, that is pretty disappointing to say the least. Before finding out the company was splitting (as mentioned in many other reviews), the work environment was toxic to say the least. Many people feared for their jobs as the management team only focused on the negative aspects of a job instead of the positives. I can honestly say I spent more time proving to management that I was doing my job, than actually doing my job. If something went wrong I would have to do everything in my power to prove my innocence. I kept every email and every note I ever took in the event that the Managing Director asked a question about a conversation that happened years ago. The Managing Directors never got along and this resulted in lots of unnecessary drama. Each manager had their own process that clashed with the other, resulting in ridiculous amounts of stress on the employees. On top of all this, employees were often pressured to do after hours training. For a company that claims to support work/life balance, you completely miss the mark. I was questioned about what in my life could be more important than training (FAMILY comes to mind). This is such a common thing experienced by employees to the point that it IS ACTUALLY A QUESTION ON THE EXIT INTERVIEW SURVEY. But don't bother voicing your opinion about such things, it won't mean much to management. There were numerous brainstorming sessions that took place with very litte actually coming out of it. Fast forward to May of this year, we were told the company was splitting and nobody was losing their jobs. We then watched as employees returned from the meeting with their manager to find out that was a lie. One Managing Director lied to the entire company, and told them they would all be keeping their jobs. The other Managing Director said NOTHING to contradict this, and just waited for people to find out the hard way. At the end of the day, people lost their jobs and their livelyhood because two brothers fight like school children on the playground. The environment became disgusting. People were unnecessarily rude to those leaving, and management did nothing about it. Since then, employees have been rediculously stressed to make the changes required to go through with the split. I am embarassed to say I ever worked with this company and would never even recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

It would be a waste of breath to provide advice to a management team who refuses to listen.

Circus World Displays2019-12-24

Discover more reviews about Circus World Displays.