Eastman - Employee Value Trending Downward | Glassdoor.co.in

"Employee Value Trending Downward"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Eastman full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people to work with for the most part who care about doing a good job.

Cons

I have been with Eastman for many years. For the past few years, top leadership within the company continues to push changes and emphasize performance in a way that clearly indicates the bulk of the workforce does not seem to be valued. Lately there has been a push to emphasize certain HR policies in such a way that there is increasing division across a very large part of the workforce. It is getting increasingly difficult to specially recognize top talent which causes those folks to be disappointed. The obvious focus is a sustained short term strategy to get the stock price up which is something most people definitely desire. In years past, we have attracted lots of professional talent from higher paying jobs in part because they wanted out of a culture that Eastman is now trending towards. One effect is to make it much easier for someone to leave Eastman and go to another employer, since we are losing the culture advantage. A watch out - looking through some other reviews and based on my experience I think that there are quite a few fakes. Also, the company has strongly encouraged employees in the past to do a review on glassdoor.

Continue reading
    Eastman2019-07-14
  1. "Great place"

Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at Eastman full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great job and people and location

Cons

Pay scale and hours and environment

Eastman2019-10-03
  2. "Great Company"

Former Intern - Engineering Co-Op

I worked at Eastman

Pros

So many resources and experts to answer your questions

Cons

Some projects may move slower than others but have to realize that Eastman has many people working on numerous projects

Eastman2020-03-20

Discover more reviews about Eastman.