Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Developing the future

29 Apr 2021 - Spanish Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love this new way of teaching. This is the future.

Cons

Will we have summer classes?

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    KEY NOT FOUND: jobLine.seasonal-current

Great company and great peopke

23 Jun 2021 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from Academic Coaches and lots of opportunities to work with great students and teachers all over the US!

Cons

While I enjoy the challenges of online teaching, it might not be the right fit for everyone.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of effort, little reward, no endorsement

28 May 2021 - Instructor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Elevate kept me on my toes with three very different supervisors over the course of my first semester. The online platform is very limited and instructors are kept to a script. Many of the slides were flawed or wrong. QZs (i.e., quizzes) had wrong answers loaded so I learned to improvise and put on a brave face. Students were languishing from Covid isolation and my EA ("Classroom Coach") enabled them physical (food, school supplies), while allowing them to sleep through class. I found Polls and Open ended questions to wake them up and get them engaged. If you want to challenge your creativity at the expense of covering instructional material, this is a great place to work remotely.

Cons

Elevate is highly bureaucratic and management-centric. They are discouraged from giving Instructors endorsements (e.g., LinkedIn) who may want to return to the classroom once vaccinated. Academic Coaches (i.e., AP or supervisor) manage their instructors by focusing on what teachers control, which is little beyond prep of error strewn materials, delivery, and attempts at student engagement as "a talking head". The pedagogic model is broken in that Instructors are not teachers of record and therefore have no leverage over students (to coaches, to parents, to admin). As a non-district employee, my advice is to grin and bear it for the $20 and extended instructional experience.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Elevate K-12.