Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Overall very Good company

4 May 2021 - Software Engineer in Gurgaon, Haryana, Haryana
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work life balance. Very Good colleagues.

Cons

None that I think of

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Environment to work in

20 May 2021 - Business Analyst in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Helpful team, very invested in performance, great compensation structure

Cons

return to office policy inflexible

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Debt collection company that profits off of exploiting people's financial situation

22 Apr 2021 - Human Resources in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unfortunately, there really are none

Cons

The people who have been with the company the longest tend to be apathetic, inexperienced in management and complacent but manage to get promoted into supervisory roles only due to tenure. Not exactly the quality of people you want as leaders. The culture at this company does not foster an environment of inclusivity. I was forced into resignation due to being bullied and retaliated against by my manager. My complaints of being bullied fell on leadership's deaf ears. Because leadership chose not to believe me or address the situation, I felt that resigning was my only option of getting out of a hostile work environment. I also left the company due to the debt collecting practices this company allows. I do not wish to be a part of a company that exploits people for financial gains.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Encore Capital Group Response

Recruitment Marketing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate that this was your experience, however we are proud to share that our broader HR team has provided different feedback. In our most recent employee feedback survey, the HR Department had exceptional scores in Employee Engagement and Manager Effectiveness, specifically stating employees believe their managers truly care about their wellbeing, keep their commitments and are trustworthy. Our feedback on Diversity and Inclusion also went up significantly and employees believe that company is committed to a culture of inclusion where diverse ideas, thoughts and perspectives are acknowledged, recognized, celebrated, and embraced. We thank you for your contributions to the organization and wish you well in your future endeavors.

Discover more reviews about Encore Capital Group.