Extra Space Storage - Hard work, dedication, and integrity pay off here! | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Hard work, dedication, and integrity pay off here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee At Store Support Center in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Extra Space Storage full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Management at Extra Space is the best I've ever seen. They genuinely care about the staff and want us to feel fulfilled and challenged. My manager always gives me sound, educated advice but allows me to work through issues or come up with ideas for improvement on my own when appropriate. I always feel supported and empowered by my manager. One of the best things about working for Extra Space Storage is that I know the things I do matter. If I accept challenge and change with a positive attitude, work with integrity, and consistently do my best every day, it is noticed and it matters. If I were to resist challenge or change, have a poor attitude, avoid getting my job done, or act with anything less than impeccable integrity, that would also be noticed and would also matter. Depending on a person's own work ethic, they may or may not like working here for those reasons. You also need to be able to understand and carry out your work and be willing to continue to learn and improve.

Cons

There really aren't any. Extra Space is a fantastic company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and thank you for doing it.

Extra Space Storage2019-11-27
  1. "Great place too work!"

I have been working at Extra Space Storage

Pros

Everything! They work with you to make sure you get training you need. They care about you and they pay with living wages. You get the time off you need. Upper management cares

Cons

There are no cons for this job.

Extra Space Storage2020-01-03

"Do Not Come In Expecting Opportunity Growth From The Ground Up"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Extra Space Storage

Pros

A fast paced environment with little down time. A workplace with many goals to achieve and to track with a workplace balance that is exceptional.

Cons

Field employees are rarely given their chance to move forward in this company causing them to lose internal talent. A talent drain with field employees has been extensive across the board with few high performers, causing the company to charge far more than the market value of units and goods to make up for the talent drain of their field employees. The only reason it's top 90 of 100 companies in the US on Glassdoor, is that it asks its employees to review the company positively in exchange for gift card chances. I would not recommend this job to friends or family members as they over manage their expectations of employees and pay below the industry average. For an example if your slightly overweight, you will be looked down upon and be told that you need to meet the company image. You can take your complaint to HR but they will do nothing if you have nothing in writing. If you get too old, in a corporate position, they try to push you out even if you perform to a high standard, which is around 50. They'll hire district managers that cause multi million dollar class action lawsuits and fire an entire district worth of employees without just cause but keep them in line to be senior district managers. Any other workplace would remove these people but Extra Space Storage embraces them.

Advice to Management

Stop overmanaging your expectations and embrace the people that work for your company.

Extra Space Storage2019-12-20

Discover more reviews about Extra Space Storage.