Employee Review

1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Donot see the fake reviews given by HR guys in glass door. Better stay away from gavs. (Chennai ofc at least)

Feb 19, 2015 - Technical Lead in Chennai
    Business Outlook

Pros

To be frank, abt the organization, nothing. Atleast I have to tell something, so food is ok part. For 1000, they give BF,Lunch,Dinner.

Cons

Dear reader, Its a big story, see all the one or two star rating reviews, which are genuine. Bluffing the client with deadlines which are not realistic. And have you ever seen any project started by freshers and finished by freshers? That great deal can be seen in GAVS only. Think about quality. They project to client that 6yrs 10yrs guys are doing the project and charge 25-30$ per hour and pay Rs.18k to fresher. Audits: No Quality Audits. As per the paper they check if that doc, this doc is ther are not, all these are prepared till the last min of Audit in 2days time frame catching one bakra and make him work for all these day and night. If something is missing, some junk is taken from google and copy paste. Not sure how the external audits are management with how much supari. No Professionalism: Leads, Mangers, senior Management, Leadership teams: Professionalism not seen in any level. H1 Processing: This is hi-fi drama to client as well as to employees. They show this carrot to retain, hardly 1-4 H1 this year. But they take the forms to submit from 20-30emps telling, dont tell to anyone. I'll process your H1. But actual processed might be one or zero. Zero Professionalism. Finance&HR: If you resign, your final settlement will be sent in a courier and that courier charges are also deducted in your settlement. You can understand about the pay and hikes Finance and HR dept are pathetic and non helping. Before you join they make several promises. simply do not believe in what HRs say. No technical growth: No trainings, standards not as per the market. Age old tools. Process: World is in Agile. I donot know what name I have to give for the process they follow. out of reach. No waterfall, No V&V, No Agile. No transparency This is there even in our fake review comments given by HR. No Visibility of your work to management What ever work u do, it will be taken by your manager and represent to client. They donot know who you are. Projection is from your manager who is non technical, showcasing as if he/she is technical. If client asks any questions, they will fall on you taking one hour class infront of all. Atleast take to a room and dicuss what is what. Or atleast involve us in meetings so that we understand what we have todo. No security If you get any remark from client or client says or suspects something, then you are fired. Not bothered on listening what went wrong. GUYS, Dare to step-in.

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful

GAVS Technologies Response

CEO

Thank you for your review. Have to confess, it is uncomfortable to absorb your comments, but it will be our effort going forward to pay attention to all of the points that you have highlighted. We regret that you have not had a good experience at GAVS, but we are trying to make some changes within GAVS. 1. Happy that you liked the food at GAVS. We are still trying to improve the lunch and cafeteria environment, with music and a cosier look. 2. It is very possible that at occasions the deadline can be daunting. The pressure from the clients and our desire to please them may have contributed to it. But we are now being very diligent about the client proposals and have put rigors in place to ensure that we have minimal project delays. 3. Resource allocation is important and we will abide by our commitments to our clients. We of course would like to go towards managed services, where it is more process centric and not individual centric. 4. For a company of our size, GAVS actually has Senior leaders from very reputable companies overseeing Quality & Process. There is a strong focus on Quality now and there are regular Gate reviews. 5. I am very sorry to know that you felt that there are no Professionalism in the company - this is one point I will have to disagree with you, GAVS has always been managed with a lot of professionalism. We are injecting more Respect, Integrity, Trust and Empathy in the system. Do speak with you friends and it would be nice to get some feedback on this. 6. You will be happy to know that this year, we have applied for a number of H1s and L1s and we are letting all of the candidates know and we are making it very transparent. 7. At GAVS we just completed a survey by the Great Place to work Institute, we had 73% respondents, with 65% +ve, 20% neutral and 15% -ve. We are hoping that we shall be have a larger positive respondents in the future. There is a renewed focus to treat and serve our employees and my colleagues in Finance and HR are committed to this initiative. 8. We have budgeted for training and we are aware that nothing can be achieved without investment in training and improvement in competency. 9. We are a client oriented company and I am sure you and others will agree that we need to pay close heed to what our clients tell us and we need to refine our support and structure to meet their needs. But we will treat our colleagues with empathy, fairness and transparency that we hope shall foster trust and secure environment. 10. Finally, No vision, No Strategy can be achieved without able and empowered employees - we know that GAVS will not evolve unless we pay heed to feedback from the likes of you.We may not be able to resolve all issues and satisfy everyone - but GAVS is committed to our RITE values and we shall definitely try and improve on the points highlighted by you. You and your opinions are really important to us, that is why I have endeavored to personally, respond to all of your points.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Health care based company

May 9, 2022 - Senior Manager, Customer Success Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee friendly company, and can receive good recognition

Cons

No 401K match & high premium for health benefits

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee

NA

Mar 25, 2022 - Prinical Technical Architect in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good salaries Good for contracting

Cons

Not great with Immigration processiing

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about GAVS Technologies.