Glassdoor - Work feels like HOME!! | Glassdoor.co.in
Pros
  • "There is so much flexibility with work/life balance that it makes it easy to come into work in the morning" (in 62 reviews)

• "We have options for work from home and flexible hours" (in 33 reviews)

Cons
  • "Over the years there were a lot of growing pains" (in 39 reviews)

• "Work/Life balance can be hard to maintain at times due to high quota" (in 13 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

Featured Review

"Work feels like HOME!!"

Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)
Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wake up every morning pumped to walk into work... sounds cliché, but so true! The culture is unlike any company I've come to work for or interviewed for. Everyone in the Glassdoor community is truly genuine and extremely helpful in all aspects. Upper management will help you focus on your next career steps, in setting up mentorships and having one-on-ones to meet your goals. Since I've started as an OSR (only about 3 months ago) 3 of my teammates have been promoted so growth in the company can be fast and is expected.

We moved into a new office on Fulton Market, which is completely beautiful with a great view of the city.

Your coworkers will become family!

Cons

As a new team, the role is continuously changing, but management's positive energy and great communication helps for an easy transition.

Advice to Management

Every day you have a smile on your face and bring great energy to the entire office. The team appreciates everything you do for us and the company!

Glassdoor Response

29 May 2018 – HR Team

Thank you so much for sharing how much you enjoy working at Glassdoor. Creating a work environment and culture where people feel welcomed and they can be themselves is something we strive for and... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Glassdoor changed my life"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Glassdoor was my first job right out of college. I moved to a new city where I didn't know many people. The reason why I wanted to work at Glassdoor was that I believed in the product and it was something that was useful to me in my job search. Little did I know that a short three years later I would be looking back at my decision to accept my first job at Glassdoor as one of the best decisions of my life. Many of my closest friends were made through my time on various teams throughout the Glassdoor organization. I know every review says it...but the best part of Glassdoor is truly the people.

- Career Progression -
    There are plenty of opportunities for promotions for top performers. If you work hard and stand out, you absolutely will be moved from role to role quickly.

-Strong Managers-
    I've had four managers at Glassdoor and every single one of them has been wonderful.

-Compensation-
    Top performers are compensated like top performers. The ability to both hit and exceed quota is very real and can be accomplished by anyone who is willing to put in the work.

-Benefits-
    Top of the line (and free) health/dental benefits with a ton of fun stuff around the office. Snacks, beer, ping pong, and darts.

-Work/Life Balance-
    Amazing flexibility based on manager and position. Employees are treated like adults and allowed to WFH or take PTO when needed.

Cons

Any company has cons no matter how great it is. Glassdoor has always done a good job taking feedback both from public reviews and internal feedback and laying out a plan to make changes. However, it sometimes takes longer to accept/see the issues and put into place fixes since we've grown so quickly.

-Sales Operations-
    Many of our systems are very, very, very broken. This can occasionally lead to over or underpayments that you as an employee you have to watch out for. This SEEMS to be getting better lately and I know is top priority to be fixed this fiscal year.

-Billing Department-
    As a sales rep, your compensation is tied to your clients paying (or not paying) your bills. This means that you are often times working with the Billing Department to resolve payment issues for clients. Our Billing Department is painfully understaffed and emails/Slack messages go unanswered for weeks creating tough situations with clients who expect resolutions quickly.

Advice to Management

Keep putting your people first, we all love you for it.

Focus on the Billing Department, we're losing revenue due to a lack of accountability and responsiveness.

Put people into Sales Operations leadership positions who have experience setting up and managing our systems. You've clearly noticed the issues and seem to be on the right track.

"Great company that needs to shift internal priorities"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Glassdoor has a great culture and definitely hires the right people.
    - Collaborative team efforts and great interaction with Directors on a daily basis
    - Growth Opportunities: As Glassdoor is constantly growing, there has also been opportunities to try new things and be promoted quickly
    - Great snacks and games to play while youre taking a break from the grind

Cons

- No priority to hire Billing and Sales ops personnel. Glassdoor is so focused on selling our product and proving the value of our product, that they forgot to support the key functions of our business. What is it going to take for us to make this a priority??

Advice to Management

YOU NEED TO hire more personnel in our billing and Sales ops departments. It is NOT sustainable to continue to hire sales reps without hiring individuals that support our business. It is starting to cripple other parts of the organization and we are losing clients because of this. There needs to be more rules in place to prioritize these departments, as they are currently ran EXTREMELY thin and if we were to lose one person in either department, it would cause hell for the rest of the organization

Discover more reviews about Glassdoor.