Hermes - AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. SAVE YOURSELF. "HERMES", MORE LIKE "HERPES". | Glassdoor.co.in

"AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. SAVE YOURSELF. "HERMES", MORE LIKE "HERPES"."

Former Contractor - Courier/Delivery Driver in Exeter, England

I worked at Hermes for less than a year

Pros

Taught me respect for people working as slaves

Cons

EXETER, DEVON -Website advertises £10 / hour -Get hired despite showing up late and telling manager I have disability. Clearly they're desperate for vulnerable people to make their victims/slaves. -Told insurance costing ~£1 per day that you work IS compulsory & that pay is 60p-£1.30 per package. NOT £10/hour as advertised on their website. -Worked from 11am til 9pm on Saturday 14th September. 10 hours of my life. -Spent £10 on fuel, £5 on beer because the whole thing was so depressing. -As of writing 4 Dec 19, 2 months later! HAVE NOT BEEN PAID! NOTHING! ZERO! NADA! Conclusion: Lost £15 and 10 hours of my life being a modern slave for Hermes. Question: Do you want to do the same? -Looking into formal complaint processes within Herpes and with the UK GOV.

Continue reading
    Hermes2019-12-04

Hermes Response

December 6, 2019PR & Social Media Executive

Thank you for getting in touch, really sorry to read about your thoughts and experience of working with Hermes. We'd like the opportunity to investigate some of your claims, please could you email glassdoor@hermes-europe.co.uk with all the details? You might also know that Hermes has launched SE+, a new employment model which allows couriers to enjoy a guaranteed rate of pay, holiday pay and other benefits. Alternatively, couriers can choose to keep the flexibility of their current status. Finally, if you are still waiting for outstanding pay, please email courierpay@hermes-europe.co.uk with the details so we can look into this. We wish you all the best for your future career and hope you find something you enjoy, thank you.

Continue reading

"Favoritism"

I worked at Hermes

Pros

Great family atmosphere and great benefits.

Cons

You have to be a favorite to move up. They pick certain people and promote them only

Hermes2016-10-28
  2. "Software Engineer"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hermes full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Small cozy joint venture, lots of freedom to use any tools

Cons

No development process established, constantly changing requirements

Hermes2017-05-22

Discover more reviews about Hermes.