Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 3 years

Potential for Great Opportunities, Beware of Context

18 Mar 2021 - Assistant Project Manager in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Broad portfolio of project types Strong presence for Sports, Higher Education, and Performing Arts Growth is dependent on individual drive and capacity

Cons

Poor leadership and team management Poor internal communication between project team Minimal effort given towards growing younger talent Must be willing to travel or relocate for greater opportunities Resilience to integration of newer technologies, very little incentive given to independent teams to enforce technology usage.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Project Manager

30 Jun 2020 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large Company Large Company Large Company

Cons

One two three four five.

2. 1.0
    Former Employee

Horrific place to work

28 Oct 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

High pay. Nice office attached to a mall.

Cons

- Excessive overtime that is not compensated - Extremely sexist, outdated leadership in the Dallas office - Abusive work environment - Leadership in the Dallas office is beyond toxic. I was a witness to, and on the receiving end, of abusive language, unfair treatment (men are treated far better here, although still treated poorly), and unrealistic expectations. As deadlines approached, I was diligent about following up with team members on outstanding items. This resulted in me being told to be "more flexible with deadlines" and "just figure it out". I worked upwards of 80 hours a week and my boss knew and would offer a false sense of support, but not be willing to help when I actually needed it. My workload was unrealistic and I was not paid overtime. I often worked weekends, nights and holidays. Leadership in the Dallas office refuses to adjust to the times and is extremely toxic. Employees are talked down to, literally yelled at, given unrealistic expectations, and differing opinions are absolutely not tolerated. The pay is high, which is a selling point, but make no mistake, the money is NOT worth the way you will be treated and overworked.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Hunt Construction Group.