1. "InVision Review"

5.0

I have been working at InVision full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an amazing company to work for.

Cons

There is nothing negative about this company

1. "Great company"

5.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in New York, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at InVision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great People and great product

Cons

none I can think of so far

"Great culture but poorly engineered product with bleak future"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at InVision full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Great culture with a lot of fun people. * Fully remote * Relaxed environment * Fun perks such as a monthly Bonusly budget, a lot of holidays, half day Fridays, monthly coffee budget, etc.

Cons

* Massive tech debt that's stalling growth with no real plans to fix the issues. * A lot of the code is poorly written and hard to maintain. * No consistency across code bases. For instance, there's a lot of duplicated code that's just copy/pasted all over. A bug in the copied code will be fixed in one place but left in the 3-4+ other places. * Teams feel very silo'd and weren't working together to solve problems that spanned the larger organization. * Inexperienced engineers in high positions making poor decisions. Junior engineers (senior and lower) aren't taken seriously and their voices not heard. * A lot of the management, including directors and higher, seem very lost and inexperienced as well. * Promotions feel like they're based on who's been there longer or who has the most to say, whether or not they know what they're talking about. InVision isn't necessarily a bad company to work for. They just have a lot of inexperienced people in positions of power and they're making a lot of poor decisions that are negatively affecting the future of the company. I felt like my career had stagnated for most of my time at InVision and I needed to get out to actually make use of my engineering skills and keep growing. I do miss most of the perks I listed but not at the cost of my career growth.

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about InVision.