Industrial Light & Magic - Make believe, like everything Disney. | Glassdoor.co.in

"Make believe, like everything Disney."

Current Employee - comper in Vancouver, BC

I have been working at Industrial Light & Magic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get some perks, and sometimes if you are lucky you get to work on a nice project, and if you are very very lucky you get a nice shot and if you are very very very lucky, the sup will not take it before you finish it to give it to one of his preferred accolytes and call it his own and add it on his reel.

Cons

Everything. It is ruled by americanised culture, high school back-stabbing and rumours. You need to have your nose completely browned out to get a few decent shots. You need to take condescending treatment very well cause even if you are smarter or better learned (very easy thing at ILM) than the higher ups, they will regardless tell you how to do a roto...that's right, petty ignorant behaviour left and right. Your...

Advice to Management

Start giving bonuses to hires no matter the contract length, it's immoral what you are doing. Maybe you need undercover people to check the hire ups behaviour? Sing, Van are a mess, people need to get axed.

Industrial Light & Magic2019-02-19
  1. "Great workplace"

I worked at Industrial Light & Magic

Pros

Amazing talented team, great projects.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons

Advice to Management

I dont have any advice for the management.

Industrial Light & Magic2015-05-01
  2. "I want to develop my knowledge and personal life"

Former Employee - Roto Artist in Vancouver, BC

I worked at Industrial Light & Magic full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Job secure then there have much more technical knowledges

Cons

Always i will do to complete challenging work then only develop my knowledge so always i would like it

Advice to Management

Give me chance for pour people working to abroad then only develop knowledge and Telnet carrier

Industrial Light & Magic2019-08-16

Discover more reviews about Industrial Light & Magic.