Infinity Ward - Horrible HR | Glassdoor.co.in

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Horrible HR"

I worked at Infinity Ward full-time

Pros

Salary, daily great free lunch (and dinner when working overtime, which is pretty much all the time but varies from department to department, and bonus.

Cons

Don't look to HR for any kind of help. Longest hours I've experienced. Large company so some leads better qualified than others. Culture that rewards dishonesty, bullying and more.

Advice to Management

Listen to your developer's complaints and take them seriously.

Infinity Ward Response

3 Jul 2018 – Sr. Manager, Talent Attraction

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We are committed to listening to our employees and have created several channels for them to share their concerns but unfortunately, we... More

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Dysfunctional Leadership, Long Hours, Low Pay"

I worked at Infinity Ward full-time

Pros

*Nice facilities with big kitchens and a gym onsite. *Free lunches, dinners and snacks. *Lots of free swag and frequent parties/events.

Cons

*12+ hour days everyday for months on end. *Directors and leads that fight publicly amongst each other. *Lack of a clear vision for the project *Call of Duty is uninspiring to work on.

Advice to Management

It’ll be impossible for IW to make a great game with its current leadership. Establish clear roles/responsibilities and put an end to the fighting and undermining

Talented employees can work anywhere they want in the current business landscape. Treat your employees with respect, pay them fairly, stop requiring overtime, and make sure you have qualified leaders to run your departments.

2. "Friendly people, fun perks, long hours, slow advancement."

Former Employee - Technical Artist in Woodland Hills, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Technical Artist in Woodland Hills, CA (US)

I worked at Infinity Ward full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most coworkers are super friendly and helpful. You'll make friends and learn a lot as long as you don't actively try to avoid people. There are plenty of sub-communities around playing board, card, video, and rec room games at lunch and doing things on the weekends like extreme sports, regular sports, karaoke, bar-hopping, etc. Catered lunches, lots of swag, fun (and fairly frequent) parties. Then there's the standard stuff like decent health insurance and vacation.

Cons

Pay raises are minimal, my rent increases at a much faster rate! Get a good wage going in; they won't do a proper cost-of-living adjustment unless you fight like hell and/or threaten to leave. Crunch isn't fun. Last project we had 12+ hr days every day for about half a year (felt like eternity) and some departments did it for much longer. Even normal days you're at work for 9+ hours because someone decided we need to 'make up' that lunch hour now. Most people don't even take an hour for lunch. What happened to the 9 to 5? RIP Dolly Parton.

Advice to Management

The studio has a lot going for it: cool people, cool perks, etc. But if you don't offer industry standard wages to long-term employees you initially nabbed cheap, you'll lose them. And don't make them fight for it, industry standard should be standard. Also, don't add crunch to the schedule, avoid it at all costs! Happier workers do better work and last longer.

Discover more reviews about Infinity Ward.