"A Family of Talented and Cooperative Engineers"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Automation Engineer in Glendale, CA

I have been working at JSat Automation full-time for less than a year

Pros

JSat Automation is truly the best place I've ever worked. I'm so proud to be part of this family of talented and cooperative engineers. Everyone here has a different technical background, but we all work together to give our customers the best possible solution and help each other learn and grow along the way. We focus on the job and then grab a beer together after work. I believe I am paid fairly for the work I do. I even received a generous bonus my first year here. I joined JSat to be challenged in a new way every day. I've learned so quickly here; every project and client we work with have different requirements. My teammates set high expectations for me, but never micromanage. This is a happy place for self-driven people. When I am learning something new, my team allows me room to struggle with problems without letting me fail. So JSat has perfectly met my expectations as far as the work. I often work more than 40 hours just because I'm so engaged in whatever problem I'm trying to solve. At the same time, JSat understands that I am a human with a family and commitments outside of work. The work hours can be flexible when I have something I need to take care of.

Cons

Small companies like JSat can't offer the exact same benefits as a Fortune 500-type large company. We do not have discount programs, employee stock purchase plan, FSA, or 401(k). We do have the best available retirement plan (an IRA with employer contributions), health/dental insurance (PPO including HSA), and vacation policies possible given the size of the company and the aggressive growth we are pursuing. If you want to zone out at a desk for 40 hours a week, this isn't the place for you! Honestly, the work environment is worth these minor trade-offs. I would still recommend JSat to a smart, hard-working friend.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Quality growing company"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Automation Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at JSat Automation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly culture, respectful boss, good compensation, travel to some interesting sites, engaging work, and lots of work with a fast growing company.

Cons

Travel to some uninteresting locations, can have long periods of downtime, and more IT work and knowledge needed than expected.

Continue reading
  2. "Great work ethic and a fast growing company"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at JSat Automation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Office culture, Management is hands on.

Cons

Small staff, sometimes its hard to get experienced help with an issue your unfamiliar with.

Discover more reviews about JSat Automation.