Employee Review

Current Employee

test

15 Apr 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

nothing much about pros but good working environment

Cons

no cons faced till now

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

22 Apr 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and great people to work with

Cons

No choice in what project you are assigned to

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Mixed bag

4 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay and benefits, and they didn't use COVID-19 as an excuse to lay off staff or reduce pay and/or 401(k) contributions.

Cons

* Site-level leadership micromanages way too much--we all knew how to do our jobs well and make the customer happy long before your company won the contract. Back off and let us do our jobs. Additionally, their communication style is completely ineffective and frustrating--the left hand usually has no idea what the right hand is doing, which leads to all kinds of conflicting directives and messages. * Their internal systems, ranging from timecards to internal communications to funding allocations, are convoluted and difficult to use. * They pile on internal administrative tasks that become so cumbersome that they actually get in the way of me doing my actual job. What is worse is that we often have to do things just for the sake of doing them. For example, I'm still waiting on manager feedback from my last annual self-evaluation that was absolutely critical I submitted on a very tight deadline--6 months ago. Overall, no employer in my experience has made themselves a bigger pain in the neck to work for than Jacobs.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Jacobs.