Lodestar Systems - Don't do it | Glassdoor.co.in

"Don't do it"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Lodestar Systems as a contractor

Pros

Must enter at least 5 words.... Hey, maybe the client will hire you on full time

Cons

For an experienced professional American software developer, these kinds of contracts have become the bottom of the barrel. Avoid these kinds of low rate, low pay body shops. They take 6 weeks to create a timesheet for you (yes, 6 weeks), and then try to stiff you at least 2 weeks pay at the end. Just don't do it.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Contract Programmer"

Former Employee - Programmer in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Programmer in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Lodestar Systems (More than a year)

Pros

Recruiter (Chandrika) was great. She was diligent, followed up on things, and always returned phone calls and emails. I felt like she was a true advocate.

Cons

The contract was abruptly cancelled by the customer (due to drop in oil prices), and I had no recourse, even though I had signed a year long contract.

"Career destroying"

Former Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX (US)
    Former Employee - Software Consultant in Houston, TX (US)

I worked at Lodestar Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Like minded 'just out of college' grads who have a burning desire to succeed.

Cons

Everything else really! We were lied to by one of our 'senior' consultants who turned out to be a co-owner of the company. They nickel and dime you for everything and throw consultants into the fire and hope one or two stick. My advise to anyone reading this: Please do your research before joining companies like this. You are worth more than you think. Don't get sucked into this.

Advice to Management

Focus on your employees and pay them more. If you focused on that, you wouldn't have such a high turn over rate.

Discover more reviews about Lodestar Systems.