"Let go during round of layoffs, would still go back"

Former Employee - Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Lyft full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow and learn in the company. Was able to level up career substantially due to the amount of scrappiness all around. A lot of roles and positions are created as needed, so there's plenty of space to grow. Also, great people all around. Sometimes petty, but generally all very well meaning.

Cons

Main con is that a lot of people aren't direct and projects get stalled due to indecision. Some passive aggressiveness, but not enough to create a toxic environment. This unfortunately also extends to company goal setting, etc. Due to the indecisiveness, there can sometimes be a lack of clarity in direction.

Continue reading
  1. "Very Transparent"

Current Employee - Community Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Lyft full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lyft is very transparent about their intentions

Cons

Things change fast without much warning

2. "Working for Lyft was a blast! I can't wait to get back to driving for Lyft!"

Former Freelancer - Lyft Driver in Hartford, CT
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Lyft for less than a year

Pros

You're your own boss. You can start every day when you want to start, and end whenever you want to sign off that day. You can even sign back on after a break or whenever and keep working for the rest of the time you feel like driving. Lyft really does come through for you making money driving, I actually loved driving for Lyft better than most jobs I've done in my entire life.

Cons

Only when you work in times when ride demands are down. In New Jersey, that's lots less frequent than in Connecticut

Discover more reviews about Lyft.