McMillan - Bold changes | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "Bold changes"

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great staff of talent, probably the best in the area. Real experienced pros who are among the best at what they do, an excellent place to learned from seasoned vets. McMillan always does well in the award shows and with a new CEO who seems determined to do bolder work that gets noticed, should be interesting to see where it leads. Some staff seemed shaken by the move away from safe B2B work, and they are definitely... being pushed outside of their comfort zone now - which is always good for creatives. The team was trimmed recently, but a leaner crew seems focussed on doing work that showcases the talents of the staff. 2019 is looking like a wild ride, which isn't unusual in this business. The Ottawa ad industry seems pretty staid compared to Montreal and Toronto, not used to volatility. But new management has been very transparent and is making a lot of hard, necessary choices to ensure viability and produce great creative.

Cons

Perhaps a bit of Ottawa malaise exists, some staffers seem content to play it safe with the work. The shift to bolder work will test those types. CDS need to step it up and push for work that makes an impact.

Advice to Management

Stick to your guns, keep the vision, ride out the storm and aim high. Utilize the great talent on the staff to their fullest potential. Bring in new clients who allow the team to shine and the future will only be bright.

McMillan2019-04-24

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Amazing"

Former Intern - Freelance Translator in Lima, Lima Region

I worked at McMillan

Pros

At McMillan they take cancer very seriously

Cons

Enter at least five words for Cons

Advice to Management

Drink less coffee

McMillan2019-11-07

"Identity crisis?"

I have been working at McMillan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Talented people, accessible execs, wide range of experts from who you can learn from, great office spaces and openness to new ideas, fun no-drama colleagues, events outside of work.

Cons

We position ourselves as a brand experience agency, but we often accept work/projects that are disconnected from our strengths. It takes a lot of time to even know where we are going in terms of projects or processes. People are strong-willed, committed to great work but disorganized to make it happen. Nobody really knows who owns what, roles are unclear so too much time is taken before we do what we do best.

Advice to Management

Clarify roles. Simplify processes. Reduce the number of communication channels with clients but make them better. Roadtest all this more quickly and communicate results more often, even informally. Don't take months cooking something up before even communicating or testing it with us, in the loop. All the right people are here, all the right elements are in-house but a good team without roles will somewhat always... suffer from an identity crisis.

McMillan2019-05-15

Discover more reviews about McMillan.