"Great People, Mission and Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have been at NCSA for 8 years and can tell you that this is truly a great place to work. Leadership cares about its employees (called teammates at NCSA). Yes, they also care about being profitable because, let’s face it, we wouldn’t be where we are today if they didn’t! But, if you really know our leadership team, you’ll see they’re a group of passionate people who care about our families, our teammates and prioritize them while still being able to grow our bottom line. I’ve stayed at NCSA for so long because of multiple reasons, but here are several of my favorite reasons why I love working here. 1. Working with like-minded, passionate people who are laid back, fun, competitive and all of the other words you’d use to describe your favorite teammates from your last sports team. 2. The work culture is mostly laid back even though we’re busy year-round. We work hard but play hard too, with lots of company and team events throughout the year. 3. We have a lot of ways for employees to step up and get involved in ways outside of their day to day responsibilities. We have a Dream Team, a mentorship program, give back opportunities, Bible study, women’s resource group, and an “Athleadership” leadership team, plus much more I’m likely forgetting! I truly believe in the mission of NCSA, changing lives through sports, and our core values that we all live by every day. I come to work every day knowing that the work I do helps toward achieving our mission in even the smallest way. When our president gets up at our monthly team huddles (meetings) and reports on how many families we enrolled or how many athletes committed to a college, I know I had a hand in helping these athletes. While every position at NCSA has its own unique challenges (what job doesn’t?!), there are plenty more things I enjoy about my job and my company that far outweigh any con. If you come into any position at NCSA with the right mindset, come in ready to work hard and are passionate about helping student-athletes, I'm sure you'll find success here, be recognized, and ultimately, have some fun doing it!

Cons

NCSA is still a growing company, which means things can change. As long as you're open to change, understand why we can't be complacent and how change can help you grow as a professional, you'll do well here!

NCSA Next College Student Athlete Response

May 13, 2019President

Wow, thank you for painting such a great (and in my opinion spot-on) picture of NCSA’s culture!! I appreciate your 8+ years of hard work and dedication and look forward to working together for many years to come.

1. COVID-19

"Very happy here"

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time

Pros

NCSA is a great place. Strong culture is evident even during the last several months with everyone working remote due to COVID. Important mission of helping student-athletes within a high growth company.

Cons

It isn’t easy here. Everyone is pushed to be their best and performance metrics are taken seriously. I can see that being a con for some.

Continue reading

"Best company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Recruiting Specialist

I have been working at NCSA Next College Student Athlete full-time for less than a year

Pros

amazing culture, solution, corporate social responsibility, interview process and onboarding. 100% of each and every employee I've interacted with and/or have seen in action is smart, has high integrity and expertise.

Cons

absolutely none. unbelievable and unprecedented. fabulous,

Continue reading

Discover more reviews about NCSA Next College Student Athlete.