"Keep looking"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR (US)
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Beaverton, OR (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is above average. The environment is kept very clean. The dress code is very relaxed.

Cons

Everything else about the job. I worked for Netflix for 3 months and had to quit. I have never left a job so quickly. It's that bad. You know you're in a culture of fear when the person training your group talks about how they were nearly fired. I was told I would be let go during training if I didn't "improve". The problem is they were incapable of telling me what needed "improving". I've worked in customer service for over a decade and never been exposed to such a fear based culture. If you read other reviews of Netflix you'll find that most people have had a similar experience.

Advice to Management

Stop throwing your customer service under the bus.

Other Employee Reviews for Netflix

"Formerly 5-star, now a bit adrift"

Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Los Gatos, CA (US)
    Former Employee - Director of Engineering in Los Gatos, CA (US)

I worked at Netflix full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Smart co-workers with the basics of a great corporate culture. Lack or management direction means lots of job flexibility (back-handed pro?). Good product that has potential.

Cons

Lacking a future strategic vision from the exec team. Not an innovation culture for engineers, more of a tinkering culture with mindless obsession to A/B testing. Didn't learn from the Qwikster debacle and hasn't returned to a focus on customers - they're just numbers on a chart to management.

Advice to Management

Realize Netflix needs to be more than just a content middle-man to succeed long term. I had a great ride at Netflix up to the point where Reed torpedoed the company with the Qwikster idiocy. Despite the obsession with testing user experience, almost nothing was done to test consumer reaction to the Qwikster plan before it was announced (haphazardly at that). Put customers first again and deliver the BEST combined streaming and DVD experience possible. Despite the religious conviction to kill the DVD business, wait on doing this until the rest of the population is ready for it. Forcing the issue is hurting Netflix in the short term, and this damage is opening an opportunity for competition.

2. "NA"

Current Employee - BI Architect in San Jose, CA (US)
    Current Employee - BI Architect in San Jose, CA (US)

I have been working at Netflix full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great salary , cool company and flexible working hours

Cons

chaos everywhere and hire and fire policy