"Great place with some caveat"

Former Employee - IT Engineer in Hatfield, East of England, England

I worked at Ocado Technology full-time

Pros

Great place for new graduates, exposure to latest technologies, helpful teammates, some really nice people. Great communication from CEO and Sr leadership, gives you the feeling of togetherness. Great values and vision of Sr leadership.

Cons

Team leads/line managers are untouchables, because they joined Ocado many years before. Ocado values and code of conducts do not apply to them. Tend to hire those within their close networks. These hires are then favoured in promotion and high salary raises. Team leads frequently use profanity, often disrespectful, particularly to women, openly or covertly; high turnover of staff.

Ocado Technology Response

November 30, 2018Social Media and Content Lead

We're concerned to read your experiences with some team leads and will be passing this on for review. We can see you've left the company now, but if there's anything you'd like to report in more detail, you can always contact us on technologyjobs@ocado.com Thanks for your feedback.

1. "Decent growing company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large company growing fast; lots of free reign to create your own career; ability to travel as you need for the job

Cons

Mind boggling leadership from the UK/ Europe is the largest point of constraint. Many European managers have no clue of American culture or understanding of the lay of the land on projects which it makes it difficult to progress the way that’s needed. Although some of this m can be attributed to the pandemic. Compensation can be lower than other conpanies in the same growth rate.

Continue reading
  2. "It is a nice place to be"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful people and proactive management

Cons

I think the pay is lower than average tech companies especially because they do not baseline the salary on the London's average

Discover more reviews about Ocado Technology.