"If you don't fit the culture, you will never be happy"

2.0

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Extreme cutting edge technology(for now) and lots to learn. Good benefits package and casual dress code. CEO is very capable and is building a strong company. Good for young engineers to cut their teeth in.

Cons

Huge cliquish culture. If you don't fit in, you will never belong and will be miserable. At best you get ignored or worse, completely ostracized. Jealousy between colleagues happens a lot. People will know what grade you are and they extrapolate on your benefits package based on that. Certain personality types will not fit into the culture. If you don't fit in with the managers idea of what is an ideal employee, be prepared for performance management plans with lofty goals which you have no idea of how to attain. Poor opportunities for growth or promotion, people with the weirdest people skills are promoted. HR seems to face significant turnover and feels highly inexperienced so don't expect experienced HR to help you out. Very poor work-life balance. Made worse by a policy of literally forbidding working from home, even though the software suites and working tools makes it very easy to work from home. Strong distrust ferments among colleagues if you ever win this concession.

Continue reading

December 23, 2018Social Media and Content Lead

We're concerned to read about your experience of our culture as we work hard to be diverse and inclusive. We value your feedback and are keen to learn from it, so if you'd like to discuss this further and in confidence, please email Dan Bolton: dan.bolton@ocado.com

1. "Great company with a start-up culture"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Executive in Hatfield, East of England, England

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time

Pros

Get to work on cutting edge technology with a great team.

Cons

Often difficult to figure out who to contact for technical support as started remotely.

January 20, 2021

Thanks for your review!

2. "Good work ethic"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Graduate Software Engineer in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work ethic, nice people in the company

Cons

No bonus, the benefits are not very useful

January 20, 2021

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. Brilliant to see that you appreciate the work ethic at Ocado Technology and the wonderful team who work here. Regarding your point on benefits, we have made some significant changes over the last few months including family leave policies. We are listening to all feedback around this so please let your manager or the People Team know what suggestions you have around this. Thanks!

Discover more reviews about Ocado Technology.