1. "Exciting company which promises a huge global influence in years to come"

5.0
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Hatfield, East of England, England

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interesting work with a massive scale - our work will impact the lives of millions of people globally. Great culture has kept me happy at Ocado for many years. Good benefits, my favourites are the sliding hours policy allowing me the flexibility to start any time before 10 and finish any time after 4 provided I do the contracted 8 hours of course, and the ability to have parcels delivered to work. The staff discount on groceries has saved thousands over the years. The share incentive schemes have also been very lucrative due to Ocado's performance on the stock market.

Cons

You might look at the head office location as a con - it's in Hatfield which is a short way out of London. For me though, the commute from London zone 3 out to Hatfield is much more pleasant than it would be going the other way.

Continue reading

Ocado Technology Response

August 11, 2020Senior PR and Communications Manager

1. "Decent growing company"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Large company growing fast; lots of free reign to create your own career; ability to travel as you need for the job

Cons

Mind boggling leadership from the UK/ Europe is the largest point of constraint. Many European managers have no clue of American culture or understanding of the lay of the land on projects which it makes it difficult to progress the way that’s needed. Although some of this m can be attributed to the pandemic. Compensation can be lower than other conpanies in the same growth rate.

Continue reading
  2. "It is a nice place to be"

5.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Product Manager in London, England

I have been working at Ocado Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Beautiful people and proactive management

Cons

I think the pay is lower than average tech companies especially because they do not baseline the salary on the London's average

Discover more reviews about Ocado Technology.