Employee Review

1. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Best place to work in retail

Jun 15, 2021 - Assistant Manager - Merchandising in Ann Arbor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work may be tiring and continuous, but Old Navy always makes sure you are able to take your full break. I have never worked anywhere in retail that allowed for an hour lunch. If I wanted to work overtime, it was usually available to me. The company does care about work/life balance.

Cons

So much inventory and so many customers means every day is likely to be a bit hectic.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Help lead the lead with mangers

May 7, 2021 - Senior Sales Associate in Detroit, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

They work with you scheduled a lot

Cons

Low starting pay but non really

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

When Children run a business

Jul 18, 2021 - Brand Associate in Aiken, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro to working for this company is the 50% discount on regularly priced items.

Cons

Management acts like children. They will make fun of other employees behind their back. They choose to sit in the office and complain should they be called to the floor for something they act like it is such a chore. They will force down your throat that you need to act agressive to the customers when asking them to sign up for the credit card and navyist loyalty program and act like you are not trying when they see you talk to customers. The amount of times I have seen a manager tell a new higher that if they don't get a single ONC or Navyist they can be fired and the newbie is panicking I step in and tell them legally they can't fire you for not getting them. Which is true but this is a scare tactic that the managers at my store use to get the store and them more money so they can have the most cards. The amount of passive aggressive notes in the back are also problematic but that is for another time. In retail you deal with crazy customers you shouldn't also have to deal with toxic managers.

Continue reading
    1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Old Navy.