"Amazing company with amazing opportunities to grow"

Current Employee - Forward Deployed Software Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

From day one you get exposed to challenging problems and you help important institutions solve them by using data. Great company mission. It's easy to move from team to team and learn about different industries. Amazing perks. Every person I have met is interesting and brilliant. I love going to work every day.

Cons

Not a great relationship with media (we don't really have any). There's a lot of false/wrong information out there about our work and not a lot being done to fix that. People tend to get confused with what we do or why we work with certain customers.

Continue reading

"Smart folks, fast-paced, and self-driven."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Your coworkers are going to be incredibly competent. I've been here for a year and a half and I haven't yet encountered a coworker who wasn't good at their job. The culture is very fast-paced, sorta feels like early Facebook's "move fast and break things". If you're self-motivated and enjoy ambiguous high-impact problems, Palantir is for you. In all things, Palantir minimizes process. You get to define how things get done, and it's up to you to make it happen. If you enjoy a lot of structure/process, Palantir will probably be really painful.

Cons

The culture is really fast-paced/intense. If you're bad at taking time off/unplugging from work (and most Palantirians are), Palantir won't stop you from overworking. For this reason, there's a good amount of burnout. The culture also is built around being a self-starter. It's not okay to be blocked by other people, and you'll be expected to think outside of the box to solve problems and get yourself unblocked. If you don't like ambiguous/difficult problems, you're going to have a bad time. If you're bad at unplugging from work, you're going to have a bad time.

Continue reading

"Great Place to Develop"

Current Employee - Deployment Strategist in New York, NY

I have been working at Palantir Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

A ton of autonomy from day one Opportunities for meaningful impact Great people, independent thinkers

Cons

0 handholding, have to be comfortable figuring things out yourself; only good for a certain type of person People don't understand what we do

Discover more reviews about Palantir Technologies.