1. "Goodness"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Swansea, Wales

I have been working at Penguin Recruitment full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Can get very steamy and erotic

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Honest Review"

5.0
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Penguin Recruitment full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are some of the best I've ever worked with, there is a friendly office environment & everybody pulls in the same direction/helps one another. The commission structure is great- I was able to buy a house in my first year of working here. Monthly Incentives top up your earnings and enable you to make an extra few hundred pounds on top of your salary too (as well as comms). Early finishes on Fridays for hitting target Monthly group incentives are also good- fancy dinners, trips away etc.

Cons

Long hours & does take time to gain trust from management.

2. "A good company for recruitment"

I worked at Penguin Recruitment full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good incentives, fun office/social,

Cons

Its recruitment: cut throat, long hours, cold calling

Penguin Recruitment Response

May 30, 2018Owner

Many thanks for your review and I am delighted you consider us a “A good company for recruitment!” From your brief comments - I don’t believe you left this calendar year but if you had been here I think you would have found our social events have hit a new high with The Charity Quiz, Go Ape, It’s a Knockout, The Swansea Bier Festival and next month we are going for a VIP fast pass trip to Thorpe Park. And of course in July we have the New and Improved Sports Day with Beach Party in the evening. Similarly our monthly prizes have been generating some phenomenal results with people winning Jeroboams of Champagne, new outfits for work , new shoes, perfume and this month – a prize of your choice! You choose it, you hit target – you win it! As for the downsides, it’s recruitment – we know it doesn’t suit everyone. We always explain at interview - it is a really tough telephone based job. The rewards are still fabulous – but you need a powerful engine and considerable staying power to get you through your first year and into a genuine career in recruitment . Cut throat ? This I can’t understand – we encourage healthy competition – but at Penguin integrity and fair play always prevail. If the author of the review would like to elaborate I will investigate this with a matter of urgency. Long hours – It can be, the nature of recruitment is we need to speak to candidates before and after work, however we do offer the opportunity for consultants to leave early up to three times a week. We do offer flexible working plus a “Sporting lunch” once a week for consultants to get involved in a sporting activity of their choice - eg surfing or the gym at lunch time. In fact today we are having shower facilities fitted so that lunch time runs and volleyball games can be more strenuous ! Cold Calling: It exists. The job does involve business development, but recruitment is a sales role . We are however very specialist which means that each consultant only speaks to one niche sector of clients and our conversations are about candidates who only work in that sector. As such if industry knowledge is used wisely, each call should be at least warm. If anyone reading this is interested in a career in recruitment, please get in touch or pop into the office. We will be more than happy to show you round, you can chat to the new recruits and if you are lucky and move quickly you could find yourself on the bus to Thorpe Park!

Discover more reviews about Penguin Recruitment.