"Great company - 14 years working with some very smart people"

Former Employee - Senior Director in New York, NY

I worked at Pfizer full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I spent 14 years at Pfizer (even though I didn't think I would be there that long), and here are the things I really liked: - very smart people, some of the best I've met in the industry; very committed to bringing cures to market - a global footprint that helps you understand how one makes and sells medicines across the world (so some very strong global exposure) - great benefits and recognition of the need for work-life balance, though work can be intense at times - a learning environment that allows colleagues to grow themselves. It's not just a paycheck at the end of the day - growing skills and learning is what kept me happy - commitment to compliance and "doing right by the patient" regardless of other drivers - focus on diversity; the leadership team is diverse, the board is diverse, and every hiring decision is reviewed with a lens of inclusion and diversity. It's not just women and minorities, but hiring with a focus on getting different viewpoints and talents on the table - New York City (though that's a con too - it's getting harder to commute in from the suburbs)! But the energy in the city is amazing, and I miss it.

Cons

- lots of reorganization; we restructured almost every year from the mid-2000s onwards. Sometimes it was needed but it was also disruptive at other times. Not sure there's a way to avoid it given Wall Street pressures - large company politics, which one will see in any large pharma. By and large, it worked out ok for me, but it may not be a place for someone who cannot maneuver in such an environment - commuting into the city steadily got worse over the years. Perhaps it will get easier after the new tunnel and the Amtrak renovations are done.

Continue reading
  1. "Great work environment"

Current Employee - Associate in Peapack, NJ

I have been working at Pfizer full-time for more than a year

Pros

You work with very smart, helpful people

Cons

The average age of employees is high

2. "Cool"

Current Employee - Drug Safety Associate in Peapack, NJ

I have been working at Pfizer full-time

Pros

Good work life balance plus good perks. 3day work form home is a good thing,

Cons

None so far, work load is better when contractor chip in.

Discover more reviews about Pfizer.