Employee Review

Current Employee

Analytics

Sep 17, 2021 - Data Scientist in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

One of the best work culture

Cons

Did not observe any cons.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love the values

Oct 22, 2021 - Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

User to have good benefits

Cons

Vista vista vista. It’s all about money now

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Used to be something special

Sep 22, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Draper, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO 15% bonus Free soda if on site

Cons

Pluralsight was acquired by Vista Equity Partners who immediately has done everything they can to get employees to quit. They removed ESPP, got rid of any stock grants, and have made Pluralsight a frustrating place to work. Stock grants + ESPP going away resulted in an 18% pay cut for me. This was the standard for each employee that had been there longer than a year at a mid-senior level. The frustrating part of Vista, though, is that they told us in May 2021 that they were looking into how they would replace the equity grants. On August 20, 2021 they announced that they actually weren't going to replace it. But here's the kicker: when they told us in August that it wasn't going to be replaced, they claimed that they had been saying that from the beginning. They even went on to our Simplrr page and updated the blog posts to say that it wasn't going to be replaced. They made sure to back-date the new blogs to the same dates in May so that we wouldn't notice. Company wide gaslighting is not a virtue. You can't trust this company. All of a sudden because attrition is literally booming, I'm starting to see all of the recruiting team on LinkedIn praising the culture and flexibility of Pluralsight. There are even Glassdoor reviews that clearly fake. I wasn't going to write this until I saw all of those posts. This company is a joke. The investment partners deserve to lose all of their money. Pluralsight was awesome when I joined in 2019. Smart people, incredible benefits, but that has almost entirely gone away. The health benefit is the last one standing (PS pays your entire health premium). I'd bet a large amount of money that that goes away in Nov 2021. This is a sinking ship. If you are looking at joining PS, just know that they are doing everything they can to save every possible penny at the expense of the people they employ. Look somewhere else. Lucid, Recursion, Weave, Divvy, etc. Go check out those companies. They aren't broken yet. I am disgruntled, but I'm only here because of Pluralsight's attempts to inundate Glassdoor and LinkedIn with positive reviews to get people to consider them for employment.

Continue reading
    25 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Pluralsight.