Red Academy - A Place to Grow | Glassdoor.co.in
  1. "A Place to Grow"

I have been working at Red Academy part-time

Pros

Red is a unique place, it is bustling with creative ideas, enthusiasm, and talented people. If you are looking to experience what Toronto's gig economy is all about, this is for you. The culture is all about getting-it-done and having fun while at it. There is no shortage of social events and talks to inspire your thinking and motivate you to do/try new things.

Cons

Lack of structure and support when it comes to resolving organizational challenges. Lack of training for new employees and "Sink or swim" mentality

Advice to Management

- Create standardized training for new hires - Actively promote rules of conduct & clearly defined values - Improve compensation to retain quality staff

Red Academy2019-02-20

Other Employee Reviews

"The community is everything!"

I have been working at Red Academy full-time

Pros

The people who work at RED are GREAT. It is a tremendously inclusive and fun environment. Your team turns into your family. I work as an instructor, and watching the students progress from the first week to the twelfth is so rewarding. You are given a lot of autonomy and ownership for how you conduct the lessons, as long as you meet the learning objectives. This means you can teach with your own style and give it your...

Cons

The workload can be intense at times. There could be better communication between all the teams, this is something that is in progress and we are working on every day. Everyone works so hard, I do feel like more recognition would be beneficial. But, the pros certainly outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

I would think about giving more monetary recognition for the hard work your employees are putting in every day.

Red Academy2017-12-11
    • "Strong education, but mixed experience with administration"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

I worked at Red Academy

Pros

Value and experience of the education they offered was very impressive

Cons

I found their administration of students, schedules, information dissemination, and certain promises lacking slightly.

Advice to Management

Make it more clear whether you're a school or a business.

Red Academy2017-11-08

Discover more reviews about Red Academy.