1. "SGN"

5.0
    Current Employee - Performance Manager in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Job for life if you want it

Cons

Can be old fashioned at times

SGN Response

May 28, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for leaving us a review, we appreciate your feedback! We recognise that some of our processes and procedures are in need of modernisation but we've got a number of initiatives underway, in HR and IT in particular. It will take time for these changes to be implemented and embedded but will help to make things more efficient for all of our people.

"Currently team manager"

Current Employee - EMS Manager in England, AR

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

# Pension, # over time # lots of training for field staff # good apprenticeship scheme

Cons

Senior management always interfering, no real career progression, big difference in payscales between D & C business for doing the same job

Continue reading
  2. COVID-19

"Good experience, continuously improving"

5.0
    Current Employee - Stakeholder Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The way SGN has looked after it's employees during Covid-19 has been great e.g. very quickly mobilising homeworking; stopping all but essential works; getting PPE out to those in need; regular comms; use of technology (MS Teams and a comms App) to ensure people stay connected; listening to employees via a covid survey; and working tirelessly to ensure offices and depots are safe for those people returning. I've been impressed that changes are being made as a result of survey feedback and I must say, I love the new recognition system, shout out. So many genuine shows of appreciation - spot on timing. I can honestly say I'm proud to work for SGN. Thank you!

Cons

Sometimes the pace of change is slow, but it's a utility and many of the people don't like change so inevitably it can be like pushing water uphill.

Continue reading

SGN Response

July 22, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and give your feedback - we're so pleased to hear your experience working at SGN during Covid-19 has been positive and you felt supported in SGN's response. I'm glad you're enjoying the new recognition system, Shout Out, as we know how important it is to recognise our colleagues and all of the great work being done across the business - especially during this time. We're constantly listening and collecting insight from our people, like with the recent Covid-19 survey, so we can make meaningful changes to the way we work. We recognise ‘the pace of change’ at SGN can sometimes be slow because we're a regulated business with safety and process considerations to make. However, in recent months, we've increased the pace to ensure we're responding and adapting to the situation as it develops . We're committed to continuously improving and look forward to lots more positive change ahead. Thanks again for your contribution and feedback.

Discover more reviews about SGN.