Saipem - The Italian is King! | Glassdoor.co.in

"The Italian is King!"

I have been working at Saipem full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good company for developing young engineers. Salary is fair in comparison to Saipem's competitors Pension scheme is quite good. Company pays a few percent extra if the employee puts in a certain amount of money. Flexi Friday, as long as you work your contracted hours, employees can finish by 1pm on Fridays!!

Cons

The Italian is king! They have more opportunities to work in various Saipem locations worldwide and seemingly more opportunities to progress to the "upper echelons"...... My first 4years felt like someone pressed "pause" on my career. However the recent downturn of the oil and gas market brought about the unavoidable "right-sizing" and I've seen my work load diversify and increase which has greatly increased... my experience and confidence. No maternity package!!!! Shocking for a company of this size and apparent "repute".

Advice to Management

Managers are meant to lead and manage, don't micro manage! Appraisals are not meant to be "tick-box exercise to please HQ", they are intended for employees to learn about how they have faired over the last year and set objectives for improving on the next year and so on..... Maternity package of some sort should be provided to encourage more women to work for Saipem!!!

Saipem2017-06-20
  1. "Assistant driller"

Former Employee - Assistant Driller

I worked at Saipem full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very stress relief working in saipem

Cons

There was no problem

Saipem2019-08-31
  2. "Company Review"

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer Trainee in Pune

I have been working at Saipem full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good company to work in environmental point of view

Cons

Very better environment condition to work

Saipem2019-08-04

Discover more reviews about Saipem.