"Not the best place to be at"

1.0
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Remote with nice people all over the world.

Cons

- No transparency in the decision making - Senior management doesn't take responsibility for what they do - No trust between CEO, his favourites and other company - No critics allowed. Especially no critics for CEO and his favourites. - Awful engineering quality and culture. However management doesn't want to improve anything - Die hard to get salary rise regardless of efficiency and results.

Continue reading

Scrapinghub Response

Thanks for your comments. For sure, one of the great things about Scrapinghub is that we are a remote company and our people are based in many corners of the world. My philosophy is that you don’t need to compromise on your career in order to live where you choose. As a former Scrapinghubber, you may know that Scrapinghub has grown to an organisation of 127 people this month. We’ve put an experienced senior leadership team in place since 2017, and some of this happened during your time here. There were many changes during that period, and I am sorry that things didn’t work out for you. I’d like to update you on how we’re addressing some of the points you raised. We have a yearly compensation review, which is tied to performance. We’re working on benchmarking to ensure it’s always fair and rewards those that deserve it. In the first half of this year we’ve had several initiatives to improve engineering practises. These include a project to further standardise and promote our development best practises, we promoted and hired more tech leads, more guaranteed time on open source and mentors to help developers get started, a company-wide training program, etc. We openly discuss our top problems, including together at our last all-company get together. They all have owners and regular updates, but we’re working as a team to solve them and make Scrapinghub a great place to work! Shane Evans, CEO

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Part of a World Wide Family"

5.0
    Current Employee - Executive in Top of the World, UT

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

A multicultural company, with understanding of all cultures and work ethics. A company that is always innovating. A company that is prepared to grab change and embrace it. Making the best version of me in a work environment that fits around my life.

Cons

If I had to say a con it would be the time it took for me to understand that remote working is really the best way to work. No more hours sitting in traffic, and arriving stressed before the day has begun. Once I realised I was trusted to work on my own timeframe and told that 5 hours of productive work is better than 8 hours of pretending to work, things really took off .

Continue reading

Head of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and it's great to hear that you are enjoying both working at Scrapinghub and remote working.

2. "Awesome company to work"

5.0
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Remote, OR

I have been working at Scrapinghub full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Very smart people. Meetups. Diverse opportunities. Goal-oriented.

Cons

Some time you have to overwork to achieve before deadlines, but managers are always open to hear

Head of Human Resources

Thanks for taking the time to give us this feedback. I know from time to time we all have to work additional hours to meet deadlines and I'm glad you can talk to your manager about this.

Discover more reviews about Scrapinghub.