Self Made Marketing - Best decision of my career life | Glassdoor.co.in

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Self Made Marketing

"Best decision of my career life"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA (US)
Current Employee - Account Manager in Oakland, CA (US)

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Self Made Marketing for about 8 months exactly. I found their ad on CareerBuilder and decided to give it a shot and wow! What a amazing decision that was. I went through the program as a Account Manager and developed skills I never would have if I would hadn't have come across this awesome opportunity. Before, I never had sales experience, was working as an Olive Garden server hating life minute by the minute. I never had clear direction in life, did some college, decided it was not for me. Going through this program I am meeting some amazing people in the process and seeing the effect it has on my growth i just wish i would have found it sooner. My manager helped mature me into this person that when I look in the mirror, I'm happy with what I see. He gave me a opportunity that has helped set my kids for a completely better life than I would have been able to do on my own. It has to be experienced to be believed. Trust me, do not miss out- this might be the greatest decision you will make in your life.

Cons

The cons: If you don't have a student mentality and aren't willing to learn, then this will be a very rough road for you, and you won't go far. Nothing will be given- every single dollar will be earned, it just makes it way more sweeter in the end.

Advice to Management

You obviously know what you are doing, Flo. Keep it up.

Other Employee Reviews for Self Made Marketing

"Growth opportunity"

I have been working at Self Made Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The thing I LOVE the most about Self Made Marketing Group is that I have grown so much with in the comapany and personal as well. I have learned a lot in the past 3 years that I have been working with Mr. Flosusm Smith and his amazing team. Of course my journey has been slightly hard but I applied my self and everything that I learned in the business and my life and I can actually say that I am pretty successful for my age.

Cons

I wouldn't change a thing. I am the happiest I have ever been .

Self Made Marketing Response

6 Sep 2017 – HR Manager

Thank you for your kind words!

""Become comfortable with the uncomfortable- growth!""

Former Intern - Client Service Representative in Oakland, CA (US)
    Former Intern - Client Service Representative in Oakland, CA (US)

I worked at Self Made Marketing as an intern

Pros

Definitely learned a lot in my short time at SMMG. I believe I grew as an employee and as an individual. Great atmosphere/work environment. The leaders truly care about your development. Opportunity to grow and incentives to perform well. Great work experience/networking opportunity. Developed a resilient mentality and ability to preserver under adversity. Management is very flexible in assigning hours, and doesn't hold it against you if you can't work a certain week. I enjoyed the personal challenges of the company and opportunity to make a lot of money.

Cons

SMMG is definitely not for everyone. You have to be ambitious, dedicated, and extremely hard-working. The meetings take place early in the morning and it's not the type of place to show up late. Also, there are weekly conference calls employees listen in on. If your not an energetic/morning person, not ready to allocate a good amount of time, or very nonchalant in the working environment, this may not be the place for you.